PDA

View Full Version : C30px Transfer seperation

Custom Search

fixthecopier
06-29-2009, 10:06 PM
I did it but I walked away and she will be there in the morning. I will find what I did, but if someone else has had a similar issue, I would be grateful for a point in the right direction. It started as a code 300 for a polygon motor. I got it to reset but called it in as a warranty call as the code would reoccur. Picked up the working printer, took to shop and put the printhead in[ what a bitch ] and on restart I get a code 0096 for transfer separation. I took it all apart again looking for something unplugged and can not get past that code on boot up. I got frustrated and left, any ideas?

fixthecopier
07-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Well in the interest of helping someone in the future, this is the follow up as to what I did. After asking the head tech in the shop to look behind me, he managed to get the l.e.d. to not come on and the fans quit also, so I took the customer a loner, ignored the machine for a day, and then went back to it. I reconnected all of my ribbons and cables to bring it back to life. As for the code, the manual says to check the M-3 and other connections. I unboxed another new one and pulled the belt and the new belt solved the problem. I would have gone there first except I did not have a belt, and I was also using the logic of "it worked before I took it apart". The belt was almost at the end of its life and I do not know if that had something to do with it coding with the new printhead, but now it works fine.

Custom Search