PDA

View Full Version : Di2510 paper size detection error?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey all, having problems with a Di2510. The second tray isn't recognizing the paper sizes - it seems to think A4 is A5 and A3 just gets ???

I have reset the memory, altered the sensor prongs, tried the other tray in there - still the same. I'm stuck

any ideas?

copytechman
06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Have u updated to the new style tray clasps, applied the "cracked tray mod?" updated the firmware? Recentered the tray physically with the screws? Made sure that the lift plate bushing isnt toast? Just a few thoughts!

Regards!
A.

OutlawTorn
06-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I haven't recentred the tray no, which screws do you refer to?

I was actually having problems with it not lifting the paper, but I fixed this by adjusting the block at the back of the tray that contains the take-up motor.

copytechman
06-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Below but in the center of the tray lift plate are 3 screws, 1 larger in the center and 2 smaller ones on either side... loosen and recenter the guides based on the paper physical position determined by the markings in the tray unit proper..

Regards!
A.

kingarthur
06-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't know how similar this is to the Bizhub 250, we get this problem a lot on this model, normally caused by the operator bending the metal side guides in the cassettes when loading paper. We normally fit a plastic block, I make them up from the side guides in the konica 7033/45 paper trays. If you glue/screw the blocks to the rear of the cassette, preventing the metal side guide from being forced back. The plastic bolcks are about 1 cm square & just thick enough to stop the rear metal guide from being pushed backwards on the paper trays. to check if it is this just bend the metal guide towards the front of the m/c slightly, the A5 should change to A4.

hopefully this will help.

Custom Search