PDA

View Full Version : ip-422 MAC 10.4 istallation instruction.

Custom Search

vladimir_s
06-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I am a PC user but I need to install ip-422 on MAC 10.4 laptop.The XP installation went very smooth, thanks to pepper38_cnd (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/pepper38_cnd.html)'s instruction.

Does anybody know where to find a good instruction for MAC?
And also having problems to find instruction on how to access scanned PDFs, user's manual said "ask your service representative."

Thank you,

copytechman
06-30-2009, 11:02 PM
B4 even attempting it this is gonna sound like a stupid question but is your ip equipped with the postscript option? It won't work without it..

Regards.

A.

vladimir_s
07-01-2009, 03:52 AM
B4 even attempting it this is gonna sound like a stupid question but is your ip equipped with the postscript option? It won't work without it..

Regards.

A.
Tomorrow I will find out if it has PS, but today I was trying to access scanned PDFs on diff ctrl from my PC and all what I was able to do was access to the root dir over ftp through cmd window. I don't think this way will satisfy my client. Is there a better way to download PDFs of the unit?

Thank you.

mrwho
07-01-2009, 08:08 AM
If you could access via ftp from commandline, you will also be able to access via ftp from your browser - Internet Explorer, Firefox or (I assume) other. Try to use the URL ftp://<machine's IP address>

vladimir_s
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Thats the problem, I can not access it via ie or firefox, they use different format of login, only user and password. May be I should have tried user 'capture' not anonimus?
Thanks.

mrwho
07-01-2009, 03:45 PM
When you accessed the ftp via command line, what exactly did you do?

vladimir_s
07-01-2009, 05:05 PM
I used instruction from the service manual, see attachment

mrwho
07-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry, but those instructions aren't meant for scanning, but to capture data - which means it's a technical tool and not a user tool.

Does the IP have an HDD? If I'm not mistaken, you can scan to the HDD and then get them via FTP.

vladimir_s
07-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, it has 1gb hdd, but i am unable to log in to it yet, can't find istruction on how to do that, the user's manual said "ask your service representative." I could get it to scan tiffs and access scan box through TWAIN drv, but client mainly needs PDFs.

copytechman
07-01-2009, 05:42 PM
If i'm not mistaken U can set it to pdf by default via key op mode and scanner settings.

I'd use the scan direct tool, setup a box @ the machine then use scan direct to auto pull (or poll) from the box directly to a folder on your hdd..

Regards
A.

vladimir_s
07-01-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't think it has that option. I think it can only scan to the Box, email or ftp, I didn't come across that auto poll option, it actually would be the best option for me to set it to scan on of the local PCs.
And if you know any sources where I can find out more about it I would very appreciate it.

Thank you.
vs

Custom Search