PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI2510 Imagistics IM2520 Freaking Out

Custom Search

Jaws
06-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Its starts out like this, Customer is getting light copies so I order a drum, blade and developer. Install drum, blade, and Developer and reset the counts. Then the machine powered up and started showing jam on the right side. And seems to clear its self and says printing will continue after warmup. Then it repeats the jam. Does it 3, some times 6 times then stops on the jam screen and makes you open the right side to clear( there is no paper in the machine). I jacked with this things for hours. Finally I get a real code C0045(Fuser Fan). All the fans are working. Some how the fan code clears and the machine starts the side jam show again. Paper is now feeding and stopping with the leading edge right before drum. Yesterday it wasn't even leaving the tray or showing the C0045 error code. Yes I checked all the flag sensors and they show to be working properly.
I am pretty sure nobody has seen this exact problem, but any and all ideas will be given consideration.

fixthecopier
06-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for giving detailed info. I have had in the past issues with the fuser photocell going bad and shorting. Also the spring around the actuator in the switchback unit is prone to come undone. When I have had that jam with the lead edge stopping at the drum it has been the clutch in the drive assembly behind the top tray. As far as it showing the jam when it starts up, I would go into the I/O mode and see which photocell is being actuated.

albasoul06
07-01-2009, 01:45 AM
.....................and firmware ?

Custom Search