PDA

View Full Version : C203 Hourglass after main board replacement

Custom Search

quake
07-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi,

I have just replace a main board on a C203. When I switch it on, it goes to the hour glass screen and then hangs there. I am trying to load firmware and the boot program onto it, but when I put the CF card in, it also just stays on the hourglass and does not give the options to install the firmware. I am using Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2.5.5 to format and write the firmware to the card. I have tested the NVRAM, board and NVRAM in another machine, and it does the same. An ideas what to check for next. I have read about formatting the CF cards with cygwin to be able to use it on the MOSSEL/THAMES machines, does anyone have a how to on doing this?

Juggy
07-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi, Their is a procedure to load firmware. First format the CF with FAT not FAT32 then load the Phase I firmware try to reboot the system, and see if the system works then upgrade to Phase II and Phase III if you have for this model. I am replying out of head and need to check the manual. Maybe you need Boot ROM installed first then you upgrade the Mainboard. check service manual for more information.Cheers

TheOwl
07-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Did you remember to swap the NVRAM from the old board to the new board?

alexg
07-04-2009, 07:50 AM
It is recomended to load firmware by cygwin for this machines, first copy cygwin folder on C:\, copy card_work folder into cygwin folder. Open command window and write C:\cygwin\card_work>mkcf (teh unit you have the CF card):
The program shows you the versions you need for models from c 203 to c 650, for example c 203 is thames 2.5. Then write C:\cygwin\card_work>mkcf t25 d:
Good luck.

nvram
07-05-2009, 12:39 AM
sorry to butt in, cygwin is no longer used on this generation of box.
firstly download IV (initial version)(21) firmware,unzip, create a new directory on say 'c' drive called bizhub, copy/paste the card_work (do not open) folder to the bizhub directory.open dos (run cmd) then type cd\ (enter)cd(space)bizhub\card_work(enter)mkcf(space) t25(space) i (enter)a message will appear asking you to create a file, ignore this.
*i have put (i) as the compact flash card drive, make sure you use the correct drive letter*
the compact flashcard must not exceed 256mb memory, format in either fat or fat 32, as the dos command will format when writing.
after about 5mins the card will be written.
turn the machine off a the main switch, leaving the sub switch on. insert the cf card then power on. the download screen should appear, press start.
when complete, main power off , remove card, main power on.
on start up you should get code c-cc00. go service mode,stop 0 0 stop 0 1, state confirmation, memory hdd adj, conversion up press start, power off/on.
repeat the whole process but with FE1(62) firmware, after which you can go to FE3(88)*this will be ti25)*also c-E002 should display, repeat version up.
R5 fw has the fix for low temp codes.
si

nvram
07-05-2009, 12:45 AM
isorry missed the : after i should read (enter)cd(space)bizhub\card_work(enter)mkcf(space) t25(space)i:

Custom Search