PDA

View Full Version : CS Remote Care Woes!

Custom Search

lanierboy
07-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Hello All,

my boss has bought some secondhand C253's which have previously been in use with cs remote care modems.

i cannot get the machines to let me browse to the web, load firmware or even nvram reset.

all the machine says is power on the modem. anyone have a fix for this???

thank you

mrwho
07-01-2009, 03:47 PM
You should be able to enter service mode and turn CSRC off. Have you tried that?

pajeroid
07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi, we have the exact same problem here too. You cannot enter into the CSRC settings without a password of some kind. Have you had any luck?

mrwho
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
The only way I see it you can try to do a memory clear or a total clear to see if it erases the CSRC configuration - though I can't tell you if it will work or not, nor if it will clear any adjustments that will give you a headache putting back in place.

pajeroid
07-06-2009, 05:12 PM
So by Memory Clear - Do you mean - Service Mode > System Input 1 > Initialization > Data Clear / System Error Clear ?

If so - this does not touch the CSRC.

mrwho
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
But it does ask for the password in order to enter the Detail Setting?

I haven't worked with CSRC for a while, but if I remember correctly, you only need to tap the password button twice on the screen in order to enter inside the Detail Setting - you don't need to actually know the password.

Have you tried that?

If it doesn't work, then I'm sorry - I can't help you.

pajeroid
07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi - Just tried going into Service Mode > CS Remote Care and tapping where it says 'ID Code' twice and also where the password shows up, and nothing apart from a beeping sound. I have attached all I can see on screen when in CS Remote Care settings....

http://www.commercebusinesssystems.co.uk/images/cs.jpg

mrwho
07-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi - Just tried going into Service Mode > CS Remote Care and tapping where it says 'ID Code' twice and also where the password shows up, and nothing apart from a beeping sound. I have attached all I can see on screen when in CS Remote Care settings....

http://www.commercebusinesssystems.co.uk/images/cs.jpg

Well, that's not a C253 screen. What machine are you on?

nvram
07-06-2009, 08:01 PM
touch cs remote care, touch modem, touch id code, enter 1234567, touch id again, do ram clear/reset, this will erase the configuration of the previous entry and clear the message you are getting

pajeroid
07-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Man, mr.nvram - you are a konica God! Many thanks for the information - that worked like a charm!

One happy guy! :)

Sorry - I forgot to mention earlier - it is a Konica Minolta Bizhub C250 - not a newer C253. My bad.

nvram
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
no probs glad to help:)

chrisban35
03-27-2014, 01:14 PM
no probs glad to help:)

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to attempt to see if this will also work on the newer CS6501 machines as well?? If not, can someone please tell me how to get into the CSRC mode to flash the machine for the new developer update ROM?? I need to make sure I get this done correctly. And of course, It's a last minute thing. I'm due at the client's office in less than 3 hours.. So hopefully someone is online that catches this...

*** Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

chrisban35
03-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Tried to correct the model... But the "correction" menu here is FUBAR! Anyway, the model is C6501 not CS

Custom Search