PDA

View Full Version : Di550 developer gone from dv tank

Custom Search

petrus
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
hi friend,
i have one of the konica minolta di550 recently i have change the developer.after 40k copies,the dveloper in the dv tank empty and teh copies become blur.
there are no dv dropping around the dv assemblly.even below the dv tank.i have notice that the copies paper have sandy touch on it.what i guess is the developer transfer to drum surface and some of it stick to the paper and some to the waste toner collection.

but , what problem that make this happen? either the main charger charge to high or any thing else?

thanks.

mrwho
07-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Usually when the developer sticks to the paper you got a bias or charge current problem.

Check the charge and bias values, and also check if your drum isn't beyond its programmed life span (I've seen it cause that kind of problem on other machines).

fixthecopier
07-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes, it is most likely a charge related issue. I have seen one of the springs on the charge arch off on the drum and cause the drum to pull developer and make copies with it. If they have gone the distance, it would be best to change the charge and the drum when you put the developer back in.

petrus
07-04-2009, 01:54 AM
mr fixi.which one of the spring you mentioned? is it on the machine frame or else? this machine main charger is "sawteeth" type.

fixthecopier
07-04-2009, 03:11 AM
The spring I was talking about is one of the two that hold the charge grid on. The extra long loop can get bent and touch the drum.

minimerlin
07-04-2009, 09:57 PM
hi friend,
i have one of the konica minolta di550 recently i have change the developer.after 40k copies,the dveloper in the dv tank empty and teh copies become blur.
there are no dv dropping around the dv assemblly.even below the dv tank.i have notice that the copies paper have sandy touch on it.what i guess is the developer transfer to drum surface and some of it stick to the paper and some to the waste toner collection.

but , what problem that make this happen? either the main charger charge to high or any thing else?

thanks.
Did you carry out F8 mode after dev change, also what is the drum life, try cleaning dev bias pin contact (contact that the mag roller brass pin slots into when unit slides into the machine). Has developer got as far as the fuser area? This copier had a problem early on with dev dumping caused by drum shaft angle...spacers where added behind the shaft mount to rectify this..are they fitted?

Custom Search