PDA

View Full Version : NEC IT3520 scan setup

Custom Search

Solotime
07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Customer wants me to set up scan to file on their 3520 which is the same as a Minolta 3510. Is IP Scanner software or PageScope software required to make this machine scan? I saw no setting that I could make on the machine to get scanning to work. I downloaded the scan operations manual and it says to installed IP Scanner on the PC. They have a Di351F that is scanning to a folder on their network with no software required.
Thanks

TheOwl
07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
From memory, software is required as there is no 'Scan to SMB' on the Di3510. Thing is though, you don't have to use PageScope Cabinet which is essentially a FTP server.

If you do a hunt around this forum, there are multiple threads for the Di3510 series and Bizhub 250 / 350 machines. Look for the threads that deal with FTP and you should come across alot of information regarding what other people are using.

I use M$ IIS myself and have posted a setup guide for how to install and setup IIS. After that is done, it is just a matter of making a 'One Touch' button for scan to FTP on the machine through the web interface.

Custom Search