PDA

View Full Version : C550 io error in postscript driver?

Custom Search

maureen99
07-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am still searching for an answer but I hope someone can shed some light here or direct me to a good info source.

We are using a Pages 3.0.3 on a mac pro OSX (10.5.6) 2 GB, and are printing a 20 meg color 8/12x11 brochure to a KM c550 and getting the following results:

Takes up to 5 minutes to print one brochure
Have inconsistently received the following error on a partially printed brochure:

ERROR: ioerror
OFFENDING COMMAND: image
STACK:

There are 2 different drivers installed. One driver will not print the brochure double sided but instead prints it on two pages even when the settings are chosen for 2 sided printing.

No errors are seen on the macintosh.

I guess what I'm looking for is, would this point to a driver issue, a printer issue or a little of both?

Thanks for any help at all!!

Maureen

KonicaNet
07-09-2009, 01:36 AM
That was common when they 1st came out. The firmware needs to be updated. A fix was out somewhere in the last half of 2008 if I recall correctly. We had the same problem with 2 c550 when used in a mixed Windows, Mac, Linux enviroment. The college has a dozen different PDF file creation/reading programs on the Mac alone. We found that 3 of the MAC\Linux apps caused this error.

You can also reproduce similiar erros by printing the offending file on Windows XP using Adobe 6,7, and 8. Each give a different result.

hope this helps

Custom Search