PDA

View Full Version : Code 45-03 on C500; how to clean sensor?

Custom Search

Keystone2
07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
We're novices, trying to fix our C500 w/ 45-03 error code. Just installed a new transfer belt & yellow developer. Do we need to clean the sensors & how do we do that? Also, if the belt needs adjusting, can someone give us a how to on that? We just went into the service mode 36/image adjustment/timing adjustment/auto color registration adj & error code still comes up. Thanks much.

edmund
07-09-2009, 07:42 AM
you have to pull the processing unit out.The sensors are mounted on a plate and there are shutters that open and close to prevent dirt from sticking on the sensors
please insert the bracket that you attach the spring to tension the transfer belt properly

Keystone2
07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Emund, thank you for the reply & we'll try to clean them & hope it fixes the problem.

Keystone2
07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
you have to pull the processing unit out.The sensors are mounted on a plate and there are shutters that open and close to prevent dirt from sticking on the sensors
please insert the bracket that you attach the spring to tension the transfer belt properly

Edmund, what do you recommend we clean the sensors with & can we buy replacement springs if the tension on ours has gone soft?

mrwho
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Edmund, what do you recommend we clean the sensors with & can we buy replacement springs if the tension on ours has gone soft?

I usually clean the sensors with a cotton pad with alcohol and then clean them with a dry pad. Check the sensors to see if they appear to be scratched (I've caught a couple of them like that, and it caused misreadings - had to replace them).

Keystone2
07-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I usually clean the sensors with a cotton pad with alcohol and then clean them with a dry pad. Check the sensors to see if they appear to be scratched (I've caught a couple of them like that, and it caused misreadings - had to replace them).

Thanks & that's exactly what we did & it seemed to work. We replaced the black corona wire & the black grid wire assy, but are getting a very slight black hue in the background. Very, very light streaks going lengthwise on a 12x18 sheet. Could that be from a scratched sensor giving a false reading?

mrwho
07-09-2009, 11:51 PM
After all that replacing, did you do the usual adjustments (gama, etc)?

Keystone2
07-10-2009, 12:21 AM
We're novices, so don't know how to do the gamma adjustments, etc. Trying to buy a service manual.

mrwho
07-10-2009, 07:08 AM
We're novices, so don't know how to do the gamma adjustments, etc. Trying to buy a service manual.

Don't do it. PM me.

edmund
07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
the lengthwise wise streaks could be dirt in the laser path
look underneath the developer unit and the frame on the proccess unit .if toner or dust is in this area

Custom Search