PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250 error code C255B

Custom Search

markay
07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
hi to all... i have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C250 which has failed me.

after investigating the problem, here's what i have found out:

error code c255b comes up after a few minutes after starting up (not letting me do any copies at all), i then open front panel then close...initialises (sounds like its constantly trying to do something) and then kicks in again with that error code c255b, and so on.

i'v found out the meaning of that error code (and others which i have had previously not long ago eg. c2555 and c2654-> that one doesn't appear anymore). error code C255B = yellow TCR Sensor Adjustment Failure (i have the service manual ;).

i'v noticed that in service mode / state confirmation / sensor check, that PC DRIVE DETECT for Color Main/Sub, Black Main/Sub and Waste Toner are always changing from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1.
DON'T know if that is normal, so advice would be appreciated!

i'v also noticed that in service mode / state confirmation / level history1, that TCR-C, TCR-M, TCR-Y, TCR-K are always at 0.00%.
DON'T know if that is normal, so advice would be appreciated!

Finally, in service mode / counter / service call counter, the Yellow TCR Sensor has been displayed 13 times.

So, does anyone know what exactly is wrong with my machine, is it very serious, is it fixable and if it is, how can i fix it.

Many thanks too all!

abilashvk
07-09-2009, 08:00 PM
hi friend,
What's the life of yellow IU and counter reading? Sensor check might give U a changing value but U have to do a stabilisation procedure to get rid of that 0.00%.If your all IUs are good (and if there is no charge corona arching in respective IUs) make dev,bias ON in image process adj.,(then U can't make gradation adj.,) and observe for a number of copies.Try adding toner to respective IUs through TCR Toner supply.Take test copy pattern of all colors.If that also doesn't serve then may be a PWB-M or HV problem.A lot is it? :)

markay
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi... the Y Iu has almost reached it's 1st life cycle (but i'v got the machine working with the IU's "NO STOP" setting). it sounds like it's continously stabilising and only stops when the error message appears. i tried your advice, dev,bias ON ,but as it is always trying to do something (maby stabilising or supplying toner to the IU) it doesn't let me take any test copies and because the start button is always orange it also doesnt let me try the TCR toner suply.

Oh yeh... i forgot to mention... just before the machine started to not work properly it gave out a buning smell:confused::eek:

btw... thanks for the help!

abilashvk
07-10-2009, 02:42 AM
hi,
Hope that burning smell has got something. It may be the arching smell of yellow IU charge corona(U can distinguish smell of it from spark of a component).Ur copier is trying to get the right mixture of T/C in all IUs-that's the turning sound indicates-But due to arching, drum of yellow(or any other IU) get fully charge exposed ,sucking of all toner from IUs to the transfer belt, which may resulting toner dry YellowIU. (Poor machine is again adding more toner to compartment) U may be now getting P codes also. Best option is a new set of IUs. Other wise this unused toner will spill over inside copier/laser heads creating new stories,OR U can dismantle the yellow IU and take out Charge corona of IUs,insulate END BLOCKS ,then pump enough toner and survive just LITTLE more time.

rprem
07-10-2009, 05:22 AM
hai
as abilash told change the iu and see any problem occurs or u put this imaging unit to some other cust machine and check it the same error code comes if it comes change the iu y

markay
07-12-2009, 08:51 PM
hi... after inspecting the situation further with the person operating the printer at the time, he says as it was not printing the Y color he was trying to clean (with a thin metal tip screwdriver) the connectors where the Y IU connects to (ON THE MACHINE) (not the big connector, but the small one above which has the small black plastic casing around it and four little connections), and in the process it did a little spark, and that the burning smell appeard when there was no Y IU installed on the machine.

anymore ideas??

JSC
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
(with a thin metal tip screwdriver)

anymore ideas??

Yea, you need to kick the guy with a thin tip screwdriver up the arse..............he has shorted something and its not going to be a quick fix......call an engineer.

copytechman
07-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Yikes, sparks r never good! Yeah agreed, time to call a tech! Maybe took out the mcb... (or whatever the y iu directly connects to)... ouch...

Regards.
A.

mrwho
07-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Yeah, and then hand the bill to the operator who did this mess - and let him explain to his boss what happened! That will teach him!

abilashvk
07-13-2009, 01:24 PM
hai,
unknowingly responded little further for this THREAD. Pls give details fully, truthfully also.We people are just assessing possible chances that can create a trouble.If somebody shorted the contacts then I'am Extremely sorry to say that ITS A FAULT FROM MY PART TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD. but any way, ask that fellow to enjoy that smell again by shorting another contact of next IU.:)

mrwho
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
ITS A FAULT FROM MY PART TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD.

I think that no one in this forum - you or anyone else - is at fault for this thread (unless the arse that that shorted the pins lurks in this forum :rolleyes: ). I wish I had a cent for everythime I'm trying to find out what's wrong the machine when the operator is witholding information that could be helpful!

It's always nice when a techie asks for help and there's someone reading that can give a hand - and you did nicely! :)

edmund
07-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Burning smell!!!
Check PWB-M board
it is mounted next to the power supply
There must be physical damage (burnt component on the board)

abilashvk
07-14-2009, 03:04 AM
hi friend,
Yes, most probably PWB-M faulty.I'am sorry for the technician.Check for any blown ICPs on PWB-M.This board ( A parameter chip seemingly DS2432 on MECH.CONTROL PWB holds life of IUs etc.,) relates directly to most problems related to P codes,Motors,clutches,timings etc., The burning Smell may related to some blown ICP.Carry out replacement test of PWB-M in another machine.PLEASE Involve that user/operator also in this procedures as atleast here after he may not short something in an elect. gadget.
Thanks & Goodluck

markay
07-15-2009, 11:15 PM
hi to all...

didn't realy understand some of the previous messages posted on this tread :confused: , but anyways... down to what realy matters, WHICH IS HELPING EACHOTHER AND LEARNING WITH EACHOTHER.

We have replaced the PWB-M board, machine starts like it used to, back to normal... but now when we print/copy, paper comes out completely white with no printed area. we will figure it out eventually ourselvs, but again, to whom is willing to be helpfull and kind, we will appreciate any help given as it will shorten down the time the machine is non-operative.

Please keep nonproductive coments to yourselvs, as they are absolutely useless and are a waste of pixels.

many thanks

mrwho
07-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Please keep nonproductive coments to yourselvs, as they are absolutely useless and are a waste of pixels.

? Okay...

/strolls away

markay
07-17-2009, 07:19 PM
???

abilashvk
07-19-2009, 08:28 AM
hi Friend,
You might already trouble-shooted the complaint.If you are unable to under stand some previous posts(non productive according to your goodself),then let me explain.No body blamed you, but the operator/user for shorting contacts(which should not me done in any gadget, unless you know the possible out come).More over this MATTER reported lately in the thread as you are unaware of it,which invited sudden response from all. Me, also doubted unknowingly that its 'smell' of corona arching.
Anyway,please check HV-Unit(I wrote in my first reply) and if good then power supply also as ,We are not familiar with a shorting incident and what damage it can do & also What if your operator/user had done some extra engineering in it and hiding from you?:)

markay
07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi once again to all!

ok, we now have the machine printing! BUT... after a couple of prints, it stops :confused:. a tech freind of mine, told me to try it with new firmware, but i don't have the frimware (and i don't know which is the latest version) or the cygin program to put it on the CFcard, therefore i would appreciate if someone could send me a copy of both the firmware and program, and also the process of instalation.

MANY THANKS!

my email: su7coelho@msn.com

edmund
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I willsend you imaging tool
It is easier to operate than cygwin

markay
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
thanks a million!

markay
07-29-2009, 05:10 PM
and could someone also be kind enough to explain the process of connecting a computer to the bizhub via ethernet.
thanks

copytechman
07-29-2009, 07:06 PM
How do mean? Connect it to an existing network or via a crossover cable to one pc?

Regards!
A.

markay
07-29-2009, 07:38 PM
hi! sorry, i mean to connect it with a ethernet cable (crossover cable) to my laptop. i already have all the drivers installed on a laptop and it's all as it used to be before the machine broke down.

on the laptop its as follow...

ip 192.168.0.1
subnetmask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.0.250

how do i set up the network on the machine?

Cheers

copytechman
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
You need to setup @ static ip on your laptop and the machine (via util/ctr > Admin settings > network settings) both in the same framework but different last octet.. (last # in the set of 4). Are u familiar with setting a static ip on a (xp) pc?

Regards!
A.

markay
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
hi copytechman...
im realy sorry but i will need to be explained like a baby, coz i have never needed to fiddle around with ip's n'stuff.

all i know is that when we bought the printer, the tech set it up for us... and he configured the laptop with those digits, and then he set it up on the printer aswell (but on the printer i never had a look at how he did it).

therefore, i would think that i wouldn't need to change anything on the laptop, but yes on the printer as it has lost all the configs and settings since it broke down.

i have tried inputing the ip address on the machine with the following digits:

ip 192.168.0.10
snm 255.255.255.0
dg 192.168.0.250

then the machine tells me to turn it off (i think it means the main power button near the wasttoner box) and back on after 10sec. after turning it on i go check to see if it has saved the ip digits... but it's all back to 0's.

any ideas?

many thanks

copytechman
07-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Yikes! You did it right (set the ip, reboot when requested), sounds like you may have an nvram problem.. especially since you set it, it asked you to reboot (correctly I might add) and you checked after and its back to 0's... At this point i'd suggest calling a tech and perhaps performing an nvram recovery procedure... if thats a no go then replacement (of the nvram) may be necessary.. It does sound like a typical symptom of nvram failure though...

Regards.
A.

markay
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM
could you instruct me the nvram recovery procedure, so i could try this asap? i do know my way around this machine abit, and probably more than some KM techs here in my area ;p .

thanks again!

bobp
07-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Check your toner container & ensure the shutter and seal is opening correctly Have had quite a few issues with OEM toner lately not opening properly thus starving the I/U of toner

copytechman
07-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Kinda hard to describe, requires a compact flash card, special software (kinda like firmware), the imaging toolkit software and the procedure used to do it. Do u have all of the above? Tis meant to be used by authorized dealer service reps only. Cuz u can damage your mfp board if it's not done correctly.

Regards.
A.

PS:
Prolly suggest calling in a KM authorized dealer tech @ this point.. I'd hate to see a dead machine and a mfp board costs much $$$!

markay
07-30-2009, 01:19 AM
hi....

i'v got the firmware, i'll have the imaging software soon, and i'l buy the cf card tomorow.

the KM contract has expired, and they charge an arm and a leg just for a call out fee... so therefore i am very reluctant to call them.

RGDS. & THANKS

copytechman
07-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Regular firmware and the recovery firmware are 2 very different things.. you can certainly try simply reflashing the machine. That may make the ip address setting stick properply again.. however if it doesn't.. and if you attempt the nvram recovery and for some reason it makes it worse (say the procedure isnt followed) you'd have no way to recover (effectively) from it... the machine works (sorta) currently, even if u had to pay $$$ for a tech, the tech becomes reponsible for any fallout of an incorrect recovery attempt.. At least I would think they would be, correct me if i'm wrong of course! Boards can do weird things.. and a machine not under a contract is always an unknown. I feel for you I really do!

Regards!
A.

markay
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
could you explain the procedure, just so i can make my mind up.

thanks!

copytechman
07-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Alright I wish I could! I havent used the procedure and I just tried to find it (on canadian and us site) and wasnt successful... I have it for the newer c203/451 series but wouldnt use it on the c250, to great a chance somethings different. Maybe someone else here could chime on it for the c250....

Regards!
A.

abilashvk
07-30-2009, 02:49 PM
hi,
hope this attachment is readable.I don't have enough time to explain now.If you have NV-RAM firmware(ie., NVRAM initialize& NIC setting) with you then both data will be stored(also written) in a single go.first execute NIC setting O.K atleast you pls. go through attachment.if you are not able to follow then we can discuss later. sorry to send such a pathetic B/W scanned data but my present situation allows only that.bye

abilashvk
07-30-2009, 03:00 PM
if you have time then go throu' this thread also.hope it will helps or do it if you wish so :http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/21979-konica-minolta-bizhub-c353.html

markay
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
thanks abiashvk! i'll have a look at that thread.

i'v been haveing C-D3XX error msgs now, i'l take it thats related to the nvram.

thanks again to all for al the info!
rgds

Custom Search