PDA

View Full Version : Pagescope - Will it work with other brands?

Custom Search

AndrewPeto
07-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of attempting to use pagescope as a scanning solution for a Ricoh 2205, will it work? If not, I'm gonna have problems as I'll have to revert to scanrouter, which is unreliable at best. Any replies appreciated!:confused:

jneezy2008
07-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Are you referring to the Konica Minolta PageScope?? If yes, then I can only assume that you're thinking of using the PageScope Box Operator to retrieve scans stored in the MFPs HDD.

I have never gotten PageScope Box Operator to work with anything other than Konica devices. But it can't hurt to try...

emujo
07-10-2009, 07:07 PM
You might try Canons Network Scan Gear, outdated but good pull scanning tool. Never tried it with any other product, but can't hurt. Ed

TheOwl
07-13-2009, 12:37 AM
If you are using PageScope Cabinet then all you have to remember is that PageScope Cabinet is just a glorified FTP server.

ZeusGT
07-13-2009, 04:45 AM
Scanrouter may be unreliable, but it will save you a greater headache in the longrun then trying to install a different scanning solution. Scanrouter is specifically meant to work with Ricoh MFP's. It's not as bad as other types of scanning software that it out there for other MFP's.

I've got machines out there that are running Scanrouter and the only thig that get's crazy on them is if the customer goes in there and jacks with the settings or turns the services off.

I would run the Scanrouter software..It will save you at least two days worth of work trying to get it to install and work right. Just my two cents...:rolleyes:

Custom Search