PDA

View Full Version : KM-4050 how to add fonts to printer

Custom Search

sggarge
07-13-2009, 06:45 AM
I have KM-4050 printer and I wanted to add some barcode fonts and asian languages ttf fonts to my printer harddisk. With the help of usb pen drive jack mounted on the machine I wanted to print some pdf files on my printer. I know there is solution with prescribe command for adding fonts to the printer but I dont know how to add fonts to printer.
If i can add these font to my printer so that my printer will automatically read barccoded & asian language pdf files and deliver a prints (no need of pc). I have IC Link software. Is there any need of CF card? Or fonts can write on Harddisk embeded in printer.

I will be happy if anybody help me in this concern.
thanks

blackcat4866
07-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Feel free to correct me if any of you know different, but to my knowledge the external fonts must reside on the CF card.

Just format the card using the MFP. Connect to the MFP with your laptop, install a print driver, open IC Link, and theres a nice easy tool to load true type Fonts. Easy as pie. Just be sure to check the "Wysecore" box. For anything else, IC link won't be very useful. Most times when trying to upgrade barcodes the commands time out, and it just fails. IC Link just doesn't work so well with Wysecore machines.

Custom Search