PDA

View Full Version : C353 with FN-519 C1183

Custom Search

dudley
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
we have had a few FN519's where if you go to service the finisher such as clean the one way bearings in the exit drive, when turned on, the darn thing will drive the trays all the way to the top and give C1183. It is not anything to do with the lift or the tray sensors as we have swapped out the entire vertical section of the finisher and still get the same thing. We have also replaced sensors and main board of the finisher and reflashed the firmware. I have tried setting the gate and exit roller positions open and closed and checked thier postions to another working finisher.

Anybody seen this problem? Any ideas?

dudley
07-16-2009, 11:13 PM
took another stab at this guy today, ran sensor checks, double checked the board with a brand new one from stock(BTW they don't come with any flash, so loaded up a flash), checked plugs and wiring. Replaced the one way gears for exit drive(yes they are in the right way). Still no joy... tray goes to the botom then reverses to the top and hits the overrun sensor and codes C1183. BTW no icp's were harmed or killed during the testing of this animal.

So here I sit waiting for some feedback from Japan:mad:

Custumer has a loaner horizontal portion working great with thier vertical portion of the finisher

Friday cannot come soon enough.

soltec
07-16-2009, 11:56 PM
had this problem a few times, so on the far side of the finisher (at the back of the machine) you got the vertical section, there is a main motor at the bottom and a switch at the top. the switch is triggered when the stopper on the belt hits the switch, i changed both those parts and never had any problems with the machines i done it with

brush motor A01G-m100-00
micro switch 9331 2200 31

dudley
07-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the reply
We have ruled out the lift motor and overrun micro switch as we have swap out the entire vertical section with a brand new one and are still getting the code and the vertical section from this finisher is out at the custumer running fine. The problem is in the horizontal section somewhere and follows that section when swapped. I have checked all the wire harness and connectors.We have seen 3 of the FN519's do this and 2 of them magically fixed themselves after a couple of days screwing around with just about everything but nothing that we can put are fingers on as the cause or the cure. Calgary has had 1 , again they don't know what fixed it but it came back to life after 2 days of messing with it.

My gut feeling is software( timing issue) but that is out of my hands.

jammer88
07-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Have you tried manually adjusting the position of the tray upper limit sensor? I mean bend the sensor position with pliers! Its the sensor that is activated when the tray hits the black flag when it comes up vertically. We've had this before with b/w machines and I mentioned it before at a meeting but everyone thinks we're making up this shit. Every time we mention these odd type of problems to tech support or in a general meeting we are either ignored or ridiculed after. Just like the f'en df's that are a piece of shit that nobody believes there are massive problems with. Hope this helps, good luck:)

suomi
07-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Try this.....

dudley
07-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Just had a tech in the shop check the wire harness and you are right, I forgot to put it in the holder...I will test it tomorrow. Where do I send the beer!!!!

dudley
07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Suomi
You are the man!!!! I have been beating my head against the wall for a couple of days and our shop has had 3 of these come in with this problem after techs have worked on them.... even me with 20 yrs minolta experience.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

copytechman
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Where in the finisher is that? I can't quite make it out?

Regards!
A.

Ps solved one of those by adj the tray home pos actuator plate (where the sensor sits) a little bend o pliers'll do ya.

dudley
07-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Right below the bracket for the one way bearings at the front left corner of the horizontal portion. These are the red wires going to the interlock switch for the front door. To get at the screws for the bracket , you must move the wires out of the saddle and IF YOU FORGET TO PUT THEM BACK YOU WILL GET A C1183 :o. Yes I forgot but so have 3 other techs on other sorters. Very humbling time for a 20 yr tech.

The picture has been given to national tech support so expect a bullitin soon.

copytechman
07-22-2009, 03:26 AM
Thx very much, i'll have to look @ one next time I have a call like that, what reason would u need to get the bracket off? This is the front left corner of the bridge unit/transport b4 the elevator unit? Just like to be sure! Thanks very much.

Regards!
A.

dudley
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
there is a one way bearing in a gear behind the bracket and you can get slippage on it

Custom Search