PDA

View Full Version : Shipment Rest on a Samsung 8380ND?

Custom Search

pacman
07-13-2009, 11:55 PM
We just got a machine to play with here in the office so we're trying to learn everything we possibly can about it. Is there an option for a shipment reset that resets absolutely EVERYTHING in the system? For example, if I wanted to reset the machine to the original firmware it came with, how would I do that?

just a tech
09-15-2009, 05:46 AM
As far as I know, there is no way to reset the machine to default back to the version of firmware that it came with from the factory. However, there is a way to flash the copier to clear the info stored in machine. (like the e-mail address books, fax phone books, copier default settings, etc.) This is done by going into service mode. Once inside, I believe it's under the "Test Routines" tab. Touch "test routines" and then you should see "others" on the left side list along with a few other things. After touching "others", go to "memory clear". After touching and accepting that, get out of service mode. Upon leaving service mode, it'll prompt you to reset counters / reboot copier ?.... I always choose to reboot but not to reset counters. Hope this helps.

Custom Search