PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera C3232E

Custom Search

billyp02
07-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey guys,
Kyocera C3232E is switching the image from landscape to portrait for no apparent reason.
I have only one tray with letter size paper.
Has anyone seen this problem before?
I turned off APS mode for the time being

cboucher
07-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Is this when printing, copying or both?

billyp02
07-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Is this when printing, copying or both?
Both

cboucher
07-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Try reflashing the firmware and checking to make sure your media type settings for the paper sources aren't set to anything weird. Also, do you have more than one letter size drawer and are they set to different orientations? If so, check your auto switching settings to make sure only the same size/orientation can switch automatically.

billyp02
07-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Try reflashing the firmware and checking to make sure your media type settings for the paper sources aren't set to anything weird. Also, do you have more than one letter size drawer and are they set to different orientations? If so, check your auto switching settings to make sure only the same size/orientation can switch automatically.

Should I try your second option first, Since I don't have the latest firmware and I'm not sure where to get becouse I'm not a certified Kyocera dealer.
Where's size orientation?
Under copier default?

Your help is greatly appreciated
Thank you
Bill

aodtech
07-16-2009, 01:38 AM
This was a problem with the first Voyagers and I thought it would have been fixed for the next series, but noooo! In the cassette, there is a paper switch board and a metal contact. Kyocera released shims to make better contact (which the V2 had those shims, but still didn't work always). Those shims have been phased out in lieu of an "improved" metal contact. You can always try bending the contact closer to the board. It might push the board out a bit, but it's been working for me so far.

As an alternative, you can also set the cassettes for a fixed size so they'll stay the same size regardless of there the guides are. That setting is in the Machine Default settings I believe.

Cirrus
07-16-2009, 04:35 AM
I have seen this a lot. Every time I just remove the size sensor board in the tray, wipe it clean and sometimes apply a very light coating of conductive grease. It has not reoccurred on any of these.

Custom Search