PDA

View Full Version : C550 and FK502 fax kit

Custom Search

lanierboy
07-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi,

I have installed 2 c550 machines plus fax option into one customer.

both machines will fax out but will not receive.

i have checked all my settings (marketing area etc) and reloaded firmware plus init the fax kit but the problem remains.

anyone had this before?? god i hope so :=(

:confused:

dudley
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
dumb question, but are you sure of the phone number for the lines? Have you tried a regular phone in the line to see if it answers.

mo0651
07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
You can fax out on an active phone line at any time, but to receive you must have the correct number on the correct line. Good Luck!:cool:

lanierboy
07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
telephone lines for the faxes are ok, we tested with handset and could make and receive a call. also forgot to mention that these lines have had two Ricoh MFP's on before.

cheers

jeroen2005
07-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I have installed 2 c550 machines plus fax option into one customer.

both machines will fax out but will not receive.

i have checked all my settings (marketing area etc) and reloaded firmware plus init the fax kit but the problem remains.

anyone had this before?? god i hope so :=(

:confused:
Did you use the installation manual to complete installation?

kingarthur
07-14-2009, 04:50 PM
we have had this problem many times, it has nearly always been due to the fax leads supplied with the kits. we have tried leads from different manufacturers, i.e muratec & it has solved the problem.:)

Mr Spock
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
check the phone numbers, check the phone jacks and make sure they are wired correctly. If they are reversed then the machines will not always pick up.

lanierboy
07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
sorry to waste anybodys time but we found the problem,

the user had in thier bid to "help" diagnose the problem changed the marketing target for the fax to the wrong setting.

re did the instal and now working.

i wish we could shot end users!!:D

Custom Search