PDA

View Full Version : Di-251

Custom Search

copyman
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
I have worked on this model many times and never have seen this before. Scanner lights and just sits at home position vibrating and making noise. never throws a code and none are in the tech rep counters. I can move scanner out of hm pos and it returns normally , is ok until print button is pressed or ADF lowered.
Anyone ever see this? Any help greatly appreciated. Going back tomorrow.
TIA

ICEMAN
07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
you may want to see if it has a lock should be on the same side as home position uassauly some screws on the side panel there. Sometimes theres a switch under the df

Raymondd
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
You may check the scanner home position sensor. If I remember correctly there is a sensor on the front left and the front right...

JSC
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Check the copper stip on the back of the exp lamp it may have a break in it, it can cause very stange faults.....................

fixthecopier
07-15-2009, 12:56 AM
The scanner locks were screws under the scanner. If you pull the glass and you can move the scanner with your hand, then look for a short in the lamp. As a last resort, the scanner motor is real easy to change.

PANG
07-15-2009, 06:46 AM
I have worked on this model many times and never have seen this before. Scanner lights and just sits at home position vibrating and making noise. never throws a code and none are in the tech rep counters. I can move scanner out of hm pos and it returns normally , is ok until print button is pressed or ADF lowered.
Anyone ever see this? Any help greatly appreciated. Going back tomorrow.
TIAIf i dont mistaken it should be exposure lamp faulty just replace it.:eek: THANKS

Scott_Lewis
07-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Had this once many moons ago. I think it turned out to be the scanner motor. But, it wasn't at the home position where the chatter occurred.

Check to make sure the two home sensors are working properly. The BCR board is very easy to swap out and worth a try if you have one handy. Finally, the motor last because it is a bit of a chore to remove.

The chattering from the home position leads me to think it is most likely the scanner is not getting to the home position or bad HP sensor. Also check to make sure the friction pads are still in position and good condition. Its been awhile, but I'm thinking with the pad missing, the scanner may end up hitting the HP sensor.

tonerspot
07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
i had this problem, change the exposure lamp

ck1
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Check the copper stip on the back of the exp lamp it may have a break in it, it can cause very stange faults.....................
yes check the exp lamp ... i have this problem before :)

Scott_Lewis
07-18-2009, 01:12 AM
yes check the exp lamp ... i have this problem before :)

I've seen where the lamp goes half out when ground plane on the back gets severed at the wire in the middle. Does this thing make a lot of electrical noise before it gets completely severed?

Just trying to understand what is going on.

PANG
07-18-2009, 02:56 PM
I've seen where the lamp goes half out when ground plane on the back gets severed at the wire in the middle. Does this thing make a lot of electrical noise before it gets completely severed?

Just trying to understand what is going on.posible.:eek:

mwcopi1
07-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I agree. Replace the exposure lamp. Its bad.

Custom Search