PDA

View Full Version : KM-6030 and prepunched paper

Custom Search

Cirrus
07-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Although I have had these in the field for years this is the first time I have seen this problem. The machine will not run 3-hole punch paper without jamming. Actually, it will if the holes are loaded to the right but not if they are loaded to the left. Continuous Jam 62's. They print large reports from an AS400 that have to come out that way.

Any ideas?

blackcat4866
07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
The holes line up perfectly with the paper switches throwing off the paper timing, especially on higher speed machines. It's an old story. I've seen it affect a wide variety of machines.

The only sure thing is to feed in the Letter R direction.

Keychain
08-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Cirrus-
I have 8030 at a court reporter office loading pre punch paper out of tray 2 (they cant run it letter R because 3 and 4 don't hold enough paper)
also,the holes have to be loaded to the right or the holes are on the wrong side of the paper..
First, change the "face down" print default to "face up" .. this will eliminate the switchback section.. while your at it change the DP to "face-up(memory).
This will give you a straight shot through the machine.. Next, make sure you have a few extra "Film B" on hand ( the mylar for tray 2 ) pre punch tears them up. and of course the feed tires will get tore up also.
Mine has 1.5 million on it :D

Custom Search