PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420 code CC183

Custom Search

Kmdurrin
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM
We have been working on replacing the PCRB on a bizhub 420 (part #50GA-9020E). When the board is installed and the machine powers up, it immediately codes out with a CC183 firmware error. KMBS has now shipped up three (supposedly new) boards, and all three have given the same error. Is there a way to force load the firmware? Did we miss something else? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mrwho
07-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Straight from the troubleshooting guide:

DESCRIPTION: C-C183 code after replacing overall system control board.
CAUSE: When replacing a new overall control board the new board does not have system code.
SOLUTION: Flash the overall system control board with current firmware.

Kmdurrin
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
We thought about that (I have read every word of the bizhub 420 SSD over the last week) but the firmware on the OACB is good. The problem we are running into is with the PRCB (the smaller board next to the OACB). Currently the machine wont really let us flash new firmware because of the code. Is there a way to force load it?

mrwho
07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Can you put the new board on another working machine and flash it there?

alexg
07-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Sometimes I loaded firmware on BH 420 with an error code: connect machine to paralell port and send the files with the machine off, then switch on the machine and wait for it to copy the firmware (it takes 20 or 30 minutes). It must be by paralell port because USB needs to detect flash, and you can't enter to service mode before error code appears.
Good luck.

Juggy
07-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Switch the machine on while pressing utility mode and then release the button after few seconds. then you will reach trouble reset screen. Now enter service mode using stop,0,0,stop,0,1./ select system 2, isw and reflash all the firmware and your machine will be ready.

Kmdurrin
07-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Switch the machine on while pressing utility mode and then release the button after few seconds. then you will reach trouble reset screen. Now enter service mode using stop,0,0,stop,0,1./ select system 2, isw and reflash all the firmware and your machine will be ready.

The machine has given us the "Blue Screen of Death". Can I still flash the firmware, even if I cant get in to service mode?

Juggy
07-17-2009, 06:44 AM
yes you can flash it. But you need to flash the BOOT ROM first then go step by step upgrade. Like Phase I, Phase II not directly Phase II

moonwalker3778
07-17-2009, 06:47 AM
If the machine boot progarm is phase 1.8 and firm ware version 13 or 14,before upgrading the lastest version first we need to upgrade boot programme to phase 2.while transmitting the firmware data to machine if u lose the power or switch off the machine blue screen ll appear,to fix this if the boot programme is phase 1.8 u need to reload the firmware V.14 other wise u cant get the display.if the boot programme is phase 2 then u can re load the latest firware.

Note: u can reload firmware even at the Blue screen there is no prob if the above said conditions satisfied.

hope i given the correct information.

Kmdurrin
07-20-2009, 08:41 PM
WE GOT IT!!! It turns out that the screws holding the SD5 solenoid in place were too long, cutting through the jacket, causing the board to short out. We switched the solenoid (with the correct screws this time), replaced the board (again), and now the machine works fine. Thank you all for your help with this issue.

Custom Search