PDA

View Full Version : Color printer Recomendation

Custom Search

Dukem
01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
I have a customer in need of a color printer that can print to 11x17 and about a 5k monthly volume. They have been looking at the IBM 1567 and Xerox 7400.
Any recomendations?
Thanks.

SoCaLRicohTech
02-09-2007, 05:47 AM
-Is speed a consideration?
-Are they doing cardstock?
-Envelopes?
-11x17 "Z-Fold"?

Aficio 2238c, or 2228c could be a viable solution. 28cpm, to 38cpm

Shawnv
01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I have a customer in need of a color printer that can print to 11x17 and about a 5k monthly volume. They have been looking at the IBM 1567 and Xerox 7400.
Any recomendations?
Thanks.

i would recomend the XEROX 7400, awesome colour, you can do up to 270gsm in paper weight, u can even do banner printing on this product

ideffects
03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I have a Phaser 7400 and I can tell you it is a reliable machine. However, there are a couple of problems with it. First, OEM toner is expensive (there are refill kits for about $100 per color). The imaging units expire early in their life. I have figured out a way to reset the imaging units so they can keep going but it's not easy. The imaging units start ghosting early into their life and there is no way to fix it - this problem is even documented in the service manual with no solution. It also takes about two inches into the page until the toner is being fully applied (ex: if you print a page that is entirely blue, the first two inches will not be the same color. If you are printing on cover stock, the toner has a tendency not to fuse. The work around for this is to either use the bypass tray and select glossy paper or special paper - it will print out differently pending on the selection.

In my opinion, I would go with another machine. I believe Konica is coming out with a machine that is similar and the Ricoh C811DN looks pretty good on paper.

Custom Search