PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI 181

Custom Search

res0tm5t
07-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Newbie here. I own a Minolta Di 181 copier and my problem is when I make a single copy the page comes out dark. When I make copies like 3 or it seems like it gets better and better then perfect. Does anyone have any advise on what this might be. I have cleaned all the mirrors, glass, and I have even removed the laser and cleaned all the glass and mirrors in there as well.

mascan42
07-19-2009, 05:12 AM
When you say it gets lighter after a couple of copies, is that multiple copies of the same original, or one copy of a stack of originals? If every copy of the same original is the same density, it's probably an optics issue. If not, it could be the charge corona or the drum.

Also, if you don't have a service contract on this, it's probably not worth getting it fixed . . . KM recently listed this model as obsolete & stopped making parts for it.

res0tm5t
07-19-2009, 06:55 PM
either way if I run 20 different pages throught he ADF the first one comes out dark but as it runs it course they get better. Also the same thing when making mutiple copies of an original, the first one is dark and as it runs like 3 it gets better. So maybe its not the optics since it only scan the original once. Do you know of a place that might have obsolete parts
for this model?

mascan42
07-19-2009, 09:05 PM
The parts should still be available through Konica Minolta - the model was only listed obsolete earlier this year. But as an obsolete model, the labor charges are more expensive.

Cantechman
07-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Have a look at your drum/cleaning blade. I have seen that on those models where toner or dust, whatever gets between the drum and blade. If it looks like black lines check that first.

Custom Search