PDA

View Full Version : FTP Utility v1.0 ??

Custom Search

ZeusGT
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can or how can I get a copy of the FTP Utility program v1.0?

I've searched the web and KM's website with no luck. If anyone knows where I can find this or be able to get a copy, please let me know... thank you greatly..

mrwho
07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can or how can I get a copy of the FTP Utility program v1.0?

I've searched the web and KM's website with no luck. If anyone knows where I can find this or be able to get a copy, please let me know... thank you greatly..

Sure. Got an email? PM it to me.

pepper38_cnd
07-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Are you looking for the FTP Utility for upgrading the NIC or the FTP Server for scanning?

ZeusGT
07-20-2009, 02:54 AM
FTP Utility for scanning

pepper38_cnd
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Download it here
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/715546490/0928b8f7c4af895b4424f08ec230ed25 (https://rcpt.yousendit.com/715546490/0928b8f7c4af895b4424f08ec230ed25)

mrwho
07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Of course you can always use a generic FTP server - I highly recommend Filezilla (http://filezilla-project.org/).

diksiunix
06-24-2022, 05:02 AM
Hey,

Hi ZeusGT,

I Think scan to FTP have a each method
1. FTP Utility software from KM
2. FileZilla
3. FTP Server 3 Lite
4. IIS FTP server on the Tools windows (you can check on the control panel->program and features->Turn On Windows Features ON/Off-> IIS->Checklist on FTP Server)

Hansoon
06-24-2022, 06:06 AM
Or this one:

http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/files/ftpserver3lite.zip

We are using it since over 15 years. For me the best one. I like especially the very simple set up and the server log.

Hans

Toxic
06-24-2022, 08:04 AM
Wow, nice job Diski, you are the winner of reviving oldest topic :)

and
06-24-2022, 02:48 PM
Pls no use FTP Utility v1.0

CVE -
CVE-2015-7603 (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2015-7603)

techsxge
06-27-2022, 07:22 AM
Pls no use FTP Utility v1.0

CVE -
CVE-2015-7603 (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2015-7603)

Well if you are looking for a Programm that was around in 2009 you're kind of asking to get weak spots in your Systems..

Beside that, FTP? Realy? No one uses FTP these Days anymore, atlest make it somewhat secure and use SFTP compatible Software like Filezilla. Or switch to SMB maybe.

Kapral
06-27-2022, 09:45 PM
Or switch to SMB maybe.

With Windows "home" version it's quite difficult to make that work for a long run. I also prefer ftp, and as mentioned by someone above - i use Filezilla ftp server. It runs very well.

techsxge
06-28-2022, 07:31 AM
With Windows "home" version it's quite difficult to make that work for a long run. I also prefer ftp, and as mentioned by someone above - i use Filezilla ftp server. It runs very well.

And gives any hacker a very good home to share malicious files without antivirus noticing until its too late. Except if you have a antivirus plugin for the ftp server, which i have not seen done by most (99.999999%) People. Only once so far.
And if you setup any FTP Server, you either will have a Windows Server running it which should not have Problems with SMB, you have a NAS in place that allows SMB filesharing or in the best possible scenario you have your own little Server on site that maybe runs linux (Honestly, a raspberry pi with a 64GB Card is more than enough to serve you good 5-10 Years) and has a SMB Sharing service installed. Filezilla is ofcourse easy to setup in default for most technicians, but if they Company ever gets hacked you or the company you work for might be the "bad" person for not using up 2 date tech

Just some thoughts Internet and IT isnt what it was 20 years ago

Kapral
06-28-2022, 04:18 PM
And gives any hacker a very good home to share malicious files without antivirus noticing until its too late. Except if you have a antivirus plugin for the ftp server, which i have not seen done by most (99.999999%) People. Only once so far.

Yeah, but no.
That's an ftp server running in local network. For mfp to scan directly to client pc folder.

And if you setup any FTP Server, you either will have a Windows Server running it which should not have Problems with SMB, you have a NAS in place that allows SMB filesharing or in the best possible scenario you have your own little Server on site that maybe runs linux (Honestly, a raspberry pi with a 64GB Card is more than enough to serve you good 5-10 Years) and has a SMB Sharing service installed.

Quite an optimist, aren't You pal?
Imagine a small company, three employees or so, that pays around 53(ish)€ (or 56ish $) monthly for an mfp. Beside the fact, that RPi is nowadays impossible to buy, nobody wants to invest any additional money for specialized server, if they have their computers that can do so. Try to argue with "but my home Brother printer can do it, i just click that icon".

Filezilla is ofcourse easy to setup in default for most technicians, but if they Company ever gets hacked you or the company you work for might be the "bad" person for not using up 2 date tech

I won't be, because like i've said before - it's on local network, and most of all - it's mainly small companies. I never do that in large firms, their IT guys do it.

Just some thoughts Internet and IT isnt what it was 20 years ago

Yeah, but clients that aren't that it-literate are quite hard to persuade sometimes.

techsxge
06-28-2022, 04:45 PM
Yeah, but no.
That's an ftp server running in local network. For mfp to scan directly to client pc folder.

Quite an optimist, aren't You pal?
Imagine a small company, three employees or so, that pays around 53(ish)€ (or 56ish $) monthly for an mfp. Beside the fact, that RPi is nowadays impossible to buy, nobody wants to invest any additional money for specialized server, if they have their computers that can do so. Try to argue with "but my home Brother printer can do it, i just click that icon".

I won't be, because like i've said before - it's on local network, and most of all - it's mainly small companies. I never do that in large firms, their IT guys do it.

Yeah, but clients that aren't that it-literate are quite hard to persuade sometimes.

Well first of, i am from Germany and not from Poland, we have some laws here that possible makes it easier for a client to understand or accept what i tell them.

I never said anything about the FTP Server being exposed to the Internet. Running it localy does not change much. 1 Virus coming in, it'll look for a place to settle where much file traffic is done. FTP Servers are, next to Mailservers, perfect for this. The entrypoint of the Virus can be any client or Account that has write access to the FTP Server / Folder. Atleast the Administrator does. Have been dealing with insecure FTP Servers since like 5 years by now.
Having it run just locally with direct access from clients, its similiar to a Hotel. You cant enter a Hotel from the other side of the World, but you'd always choose a nice Hotel if you are near one and everywhere else it is unsafe to stay.

Next, i can find a Raspberry PI 3 B+ for easily 30-40€ as a one time investment.
You can always explain to the Customer, that there is a difference between his personal files and the files of a Company, which if they get copied, stolen or infected with a virus and then locked, can cause the whole Company to go broke while if the customers private files (Family Photos, EBooks etc) might get stolen they would lost some memories but not possible thousands of Zloty.
For the RPi Solution, with integrating it in the existing Network given that all Passwords and Account Details, IP Addresses and so on are given to me beforehand, i charge around 30 mins Worktime + the costs of the RPi and needed network cable.

And for the last point: You need to keep in Mind and also tell the Customer the same: You're the technician working for him, to make his workplace as enjoyable and safe as possible. If he has problems with how things are done, offer him to talk with him and explain why you are doing things the certain way.

If you can act professional, they will trust you more in the future, which also helps you maybe earn some more work at the customers site or the customer will be impressed by how professional you are that he will tell some business
friends. Have won a good amount of Customers myself this way.

I hope i was able to break it down a little for you, if you got any further questions, hit me up. I'll totally explain everything to you in detail if needed, also can provide you with instructions for the PI solution

Custom Search