PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI 351 with pi3502 printing problem

Custom Search

wwandrei
07-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello. I am having problems with printing pdf files with an Minolta di 351 copier. It suddenly doesn`t prints only the first page of the document. I have it installed on 8 computers and it does the same on each but it worked fine in the begining. Anyone had this problem? Changed the driver but no good results.
Thank you!

Hansoon
07-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Only the first page of a print job prints on postscript emulation printers (Acrobat or Adobe Reader 9 on Windows) (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408015.html)

Only the first page of a print job prints on postscript emulation printers (Acrobat or Adobe Reader 9 on Windows)
Issue

When you print from Adobe Acrobat 9 or Adobe Reader 9, only the first page of a print job prints.
Details

You are trying to print a PDF file to Canon, Kyocera or other postscript emulation printers. Examples of affected printer models areCanon iR C4580i, C4080, C3200, Mita CS-850, Kyocera 2525, Kyocera 3232
Solution
Send the font information for each page in the PDF file when you print.

For Adobe Acrobat Professional 9:

1. Choose File > Print.
2. Click on Advanced.
3. Choose Postcript Options.
4. Under Font and Resource Policy, select Send for Each Page.

In Adobe Reader 9:

1. Choose File > Print.
2. Click on Advanced.
3. Under Font and Resource Policy, select Send for Each Page.

Hans

TheOwl
07-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Are PDF files the only print jobs that are failing?

Hansoon's tip is a good one and I would try that first before anything else.

Which driver are you using? PCL or Postscript?

If you are using Postscript, there is an option in the driver to turn off 'Postcript Passthrough'. Also give that a try.

Make sure that your firmware is up to date for both the NIC and the Pi3502e. If they are, then re-flash the Pi3502e as this firmware can sometimes become corrupted.

wwandrei
07-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Thank you guys. I am using PS drivers if it`s possible because of the font recognition problem with PCL (no options of download as true type fonts or print as bitmaps). So it is a PS. I`ll give it a try today and let you know if it works. Thanks again.

Hansoon
07-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Don't worry that's the solution and it will work. We've gone through this for several month's with all our customers. Don't know why it suddenly appeared and what it caused, is it a Windows update or something directly in Adobe? Nobody seems to know.

Hans

wwandrei
07-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Well thanks a lot guys. The fix with Acrobat 9 worked. Everything is fine now.

Custom Search