PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C450 Storing Passwords

Custom Search

Indymatt
07-21-2009, 04:18 PM
I need to know how to keep the store the passwords. I know how to go into user/autentication account track put the password in, but I need to store it in there so I don't have to keep entering the password to print. I have Windows XP.

Thanks

mrwho
07-21-2009, 05:19 PM
I need to know how to keep the store the passwords. I know how to go into user/autentication account track put the password in, but I need to store it in there so I don't have to keep entering the password to print. I have Windows XP.

Thanks

Go to the Printers folder on your PC, go to the printer properties and insert your code there. Should be stored from now on.

Indymatt
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks, but it doesn't store the password, I have to repeatedly go back and put the code back in. I work in an office and some people need to have it stored if possible.

pajeroid
07-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Is the printer installed from the server? If so, as MrWho says you should just right-click the printer and click Printer Preferences. Whatever you change in here will save as the default settings.

You could also try Properties > Advanced > Printing Defaults and change it in here.

Indymatt
07-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah you would think that would work but still doesn't keep the code in passwords. the printer is linked to a network, could it be that the printer needs some kind of update? Or is it PC related?

pajeroid
07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
What model of bizhub is it? What kind of server is it installed on? Are you using Account Track or Authentication?

Indymatt
07-21-2009, 05:52 PM
We are using a Konica Minolta C450 PS, not too sure what server we are on but to print we click on account user authentication/account track. then we click on account track and put in the code. When you go back into see if you code is there it disappears. I am thinking that maybe our Minolta driver for the XP could be out of date maybe that could another reason why it won't store it.

pajeroid
07-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes its a strange one! The preferences should be saved. Have you tried using a PCL driver instead? Sometimes had random issues with PS drivers.

buster68
07-21-2009, 09:04 PM
If the print driver is loaded on a server and shared across the network, you will not be able to store the password for acct track or authentication on a local computer. The driver will need to be loaded locally on the workstation in order to store a password in printing defaults.

TheOwl
07-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Ok, lets clear a couple of things up.

1. The copier has the account info entered in correctly.
2. The driver is installed on a server and shared out to clients
3. When you go to Start - Settings - Printers and Faxes and then edit the Printing Preferences, the settings aren't staying
4. When printing from an application and you enter in the account settings, if you go to print the job again without closing the application, are the settings there?
5. Are the settings only removed with a log off / log on?

The problem lays with the PC / Driver end and not the copier. There have been some suggestions already to try the PCL driver and to update the current driver. This could fix the problem.

If that doesn't fix the issue, then I would be looking at the security permissions on the server for the users, a possible GPO (group policy object) preventing changes or local PC privelages for the user.

Buster68 - Don't want to seem like I am getting stuck into you, but why do you think that Printing Preferences settings can't be saved on a local PC? I have multiple clients doing this on a wide variety of machines.

Pajeroid - If all users are using the same account, then setting the Printing Defaults on the server would work well. Don't forget that Printing Defaults should be greyed out for clients, but accessible from the server.

Indymatt - You don't which controller you are using. Are you using the standard controller or the Fiery?

Mr Spock
07-22-2009, 12:29 AM
I am going with the owl on this. If the changes are not saved then it is a permissions issue or driver issue. Is it an individual or gpo issue is for the IT department to get into.

To check this out login as an admin and see if it stays. If so then it is permissions issue if not the reload the driver (newest or the one that matches the firmware of the machine). And try this again.

Custom Search