PDA

View Full Version : Konica bizhub C351 IE access

Custom Search

cwolIT
07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Hello All,

I have a problem "logging on" to the printer from a vista work station.

On any XP workstation, I can go to internet explorer and type in the ip address of the machine and get the status and get settings and so on.

When i try to do this on a vista workstation, i get a 400 Bad Request message. I searched the fourms for "400" and "400 bad request" and found nothing.

Any ideas?

mrwho
07-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Hello All,

I have a problem "logging on" to the printer from a vista work station.

On any XP workstation, I can go to internet explorer and type in the ip address of the machine and get the status and get settings and so on.

When i try to do this on a vista workstation, i get a 400 Bad Request message. I searched the fourms for "400" and "400 bad request" and found nothing.

Any ideas?

Before all, I'd try to install Firefox (or another alternative browser of your choice) and try it to see if it's not a problem with IE:

Firefox - Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable (http://www.getfirefox.com)

I had that trouble once accessing an old IP-421 from a Konica 7030 - Checked everything, from cables to IP address; in the end it was an IE problem.

TheOwl
07-21-2009, 11:24 PM
I have seen this issue with XP as well and it turned out that the firmware was out of date.

When Microsoft introduced .NetFrame Work 3, the copiers would no longer respond to the web interface. Seeing as IE uses .NetFrame Work to communicate, it was possible to use other internet browsers such as FireFox (as suggested by cwolIT).

Chances could be that your XP machines aren't running .NetFrame Work 3 and your Vista machines are.

If FireFox works, then you have two choices:

1. Stick with using FireFox
2. Upgrade the copier firmware

cwolIT
07-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I downloaded FireFox 3.5 and it comes up with a "Problem Loading Page"

I tried FireFox on the XP Machine and it worked fine.

I tried searching for the Firmware Update, but haven't come across anything as of yet but will still continue to search.

Thanks for all ya'lls help so far

Mr Spock
07-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Just as a devil's advocate, are the machines on the same network and subnet? have you tried to ping the machine? Are they on the same workgroup/domain? Can the Vista machines see the XP machines?

Custom Search