PDA

View Full Version : KMC 2525E - Transfer Belt Unit

Custom Search

TA_Tech
07-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I have a KMC 2525E, that doesn't clean the Toner ID patches from the Transfer belt resulting in that it "Ghost prints" on all pages that i copy or print. The image that I print or copy cleans of fine though, except when its high coverage high density picture.

I managed to track down a Bulletin on cleaning problems with the transfer belt, and did the Firmware upgrade and cleaning bias adjustments. This helped only by removing removing the patterns that print on the sides of the belt, but the thick pattern that prints down the centre of the belt remains.

I've had a problem like this before, and replaced the belt unit. This time, unfortunately it didn't work. Unfortunately I'm also not lucky enough to have another machine from which i can borrow spares for testing. If anybody can please assist with this I'd really appreciate it.

Craigdumass
07-22-2009, 10:56 PM
There was a new firmware out and there was also a simulation change I have not done this for a long time, I can remember the simulation gave you a change for the A or B belt and once it was changed then you had to recalibrate the machine and this took care of the problem. My original Problem was a big sold repetitive image in the middle of the copy.

Custom Search