PDA

View Full Version : Simple? Fax and Answering DI3510

Custom Search

xpress
07-23-2009, 10:24 PM
So, as lame as it sounds I can't get this to work...

Bizhub 3510 with Fax kit, Line in of coarse, and line out goes to an answering machine. On automatic answer, if the machine is set bellow the rings for answer, it picks up and just ruins all calls for the answering machine, If set above it never gets fax.

Matching the number of rings causes the call to go to the answering machine, then the bizhub will pickup, but the answering machine will be recording the call, and the message interupts the transmition.

Any way for it to check it and not answer if its just a call?

Mr Spock
07-24-2009, 12:35 AM
That is why it is recommended to have its own line. Now there is a device (I have seen them but not used them) that when a call comes in "senses" the type call and routes it to either answering machine or fax/computer. How it works I do not know but I have heard that they work. However I have not seen them in use. Other than this I can not see it working any better than what it is.

Copierman2u
07-26-2009, 06:05 PM
There is a device called The Stick. Get one they work great.
Here's the link - The Stick - Automatic Call Processor for phones, fax, & modems (http://www.faxswitch.com/stick.html)

KenB
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
While the "Stick" may very well perform as advertised, and I'm sure that it does, please consider the following:

If you are a dealer (I would assume that you are), ANY third party product that you recommend YOU will become responsible for when it fails or malfunctions in any way, shape, or form. Obviously, it's impossible to support a product that you don't sell and/or service.

There is also the issue that the MFP manufacturers don't support their machines when used with these types of devices. If you should have an issue, the first thing they will tell you to do is to bypass it.

Most businesses can add a dedicated POTS (analog) phone line for just a few dollars a month.

If the customer objects, politely ask them what types of faxes do they receive. Most likely there are very important documents being received - purchase orders, proposals, legal docs, etc... Ask them if it's worth the minimal cost of the extra line for the peace of mind it will provide. If the answer is "No", then I don't envy your position at all.

These questions really should be asked by their salesrep, if there is one.

Good luck! :)

Copierman2u
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up. But I'm not a dealer for this product. I have a small Copier business and mostly do service and some sales. I have this product (The Stick) and it does work well. You are right about the dedicated line for fax - cant go wrong there. But if you cant afford or don't think you need a second line this is a good option. In my case I don't fax enough to justify the cost of a second line.

Custom Search