PDA

View Full Version : C451 don't boot

Custom Search

bbamouad
07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
hello everyone;
excuse me, my English is very bad :o

my printer bizhub C451 does not boot, crash on hourglass, and when i remove the NVRAM module "small card with battery" it start and tells me " the serial number is missing",

can someone help me :(

copytechman
07-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Did you actually replace the nvram? If so you need to go through replacement procedure which includes the setup of the machine and re-inputting of serial numbers!

Regards!
A.

bbamouad
07-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't replaced anything, I just made a test by removing the NVRAM, I was told that the NVRAM should be sent to Japan for repair.

I made a small diagnosis and i think it's tow options possible :
1st : i should reload the firmeware, because the printer crashes at startup, as if looking into a loop, so that when the NVRAM is removed, it starts !
--> problem : I don't know where to download the firmeware :confused: .

2nd: the NVRAM is ded and must be change
--> big big problem : how, and how costs ??? :(

copytechman
07-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I would suggest contacting your local km rep and performing a nvram recovery procedure 1st.. its a multistep procedure to reset your nvram back to default settings.. especially since it boots (sorta) without the nvram in it.

Regards!
A.

bbamouad
07-29-2009, 08:14 AM
no chance, I don't know any km service, and so far, i'm always repairing it with success.

then, is it possible to make these maneuvers with your help ?:o

thank's

emujo
07-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree with Copytechman..You are in way over your head with this. NVRAM recovery may help, but you are looking at damaging the system bd. Plus, NVRAM exchanges are a 1 for 1 swap, KM wont send it to you without the old one and thats if your a dealer.

bbamouad
07-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I understand you all, and that is why I ask your help ?
and for skills, I am an electrical engineer with over 10 years experience
I think it enough to update a firmware ... with a some help:)

emujo
07-30-2009, 01:23 PM
You need a compact flash writer, a 128 MB CF card, the firmware imaging toolkit (KM CF writer), and the nvram recovery firmware for this. If you have the tools, I can send you the necessary firmware and instructions for the process. I can't help with replacing the NVRAM, or the System bd if either is faulty. Let me know when you are ready. The only CF card I have been able to use relaibly is the "Transcend 128 MB Industrial". Do not attempt to format the card as it will be useless to the writer software.

bbamouad
07-31-2009, 05:53 PM
thank you very much "emoju";
I spent the whole afternoon yesterday looking CF card, but I did not find 128MB, it's only 512MB available (or more 2-4-8-16 GB).
if the 512Mo CF is valid i can buy it now.

907tec
07-31-2009, 06:26 PM
You can certainly try the 512 card, but we havent had good success using anything larger than 256mb. 128 is definitely the best choice, but I did find one 256mb that worked. A friend over at Arc Services said that he has been able to use certain larger cards (1gig+), provided that he has filled up the excess space on the card with random files. I believe that he had the standard firmware folder with proper naming, and then another folder that used up the rest of the space on the card, somehow tricking the machine into recognizing the card. Never tried it myself.

Copierman2u
07-31-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't disagree with the NAVRAM recovery, It's very possible that you do have corruptied firmware, I have had a few C451 and C550 with this problem. But I did run into a problem with a C451 not booting a few weeks ago and it was a problem with the finisher. You can try to unplug your prefs with the mach powered down and UNPLUGED, (don't make the mistake of blowing a board). then plug your copier back in and power up. This my take care of your problem. If so just power down and unplug then add each pref back to see which one is your problem. In my case I just unpluging the finisher with the mach off and unpluged the finisher, powered it back up and it worked, after that I reconnected the finisher powered back up and it worked fine. Hope this helps, I've seen these KM mechines do some wierd a** things.

bbamouad
08-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Now I found a 64MB card

emujo
08-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Here are the update instructions.. If you want the firmware files you'll have to give me an email address, the board won't let me upload the file. Once again I stongly caution you against doing this..You must use the software, and tools I mentioned in my earlier post. I've seen experienced techs mess this up. It's like asking a trained auto mech to help you fix your transmission over the phone and all you have is a phillips screwdriver and a crescent wrench.

bbamouad
08-01-2009, 05:14 PM
thank you very much;
bbamouad@hotmail.com

bbamouad
08-02-2009, 01:25 PM
thank you very much "emujo"
it works!!

First, the printer starts with a black screen. then i remove the NVRAM card and restart :
- The "clear select" display on screen
- I return the NVRAM card in its place (the machine is always ON) and select yes to NVRAM initialize
- i restart the printer and put the serial number, reconfigure network and all is OK

thank's everyone
:D :D :D

emujo
08-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Glad it worked out for you. E

Custom Search