PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Aficio 450 Add Toner Message

Custom Search

Clif
01-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Hello

I am working on a Aficio 450 that displays "Add Toner" message occassionally. Each time the the message occurs i have to clean toner clogged in the photoconductor unit. No toner gets through to the developer unit causing the fault. I cannot see anything defective with the photoconductor unit or the developer unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Clif

suckis
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Did you check the toner bottle motor, the toner empty sensor, the toner hoper motor and its clutch?

Clif
01-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Toner bottle motor, TD sensor, clutches, etc. are all ok. The problem is that toner builds up and gets clogged in the photoconductor unit and does not drop into the developer unit. Toner usually travels from the toner hopper, through the photoconductor unit and into the developer unit.

suckis
01-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Did you try to clean very well the development rollers?

Clif
01-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Developer magnetic roller is clean. I have replaced the photoconductor unit and developer unit. Hopefully this will resolve the problem. Thank you all for your help.

Tonerbomb
01-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Check the toner chuck assy. inside this magnificant mechanisum there are 4 little paddle mylars that tend to unattach themselves and no longer move the toner to the PCU properly.

preya0021
06-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I have had this happen before, and it was one of two things. Open your PCU and check if the small gear that controls the paddle (for used toner) will rotate. If not, vacuum the toner out, test the rotation of the gear again. You may need to take off the outer piece (where the green handle is) to vaccum out the underside of the gear. There is another small gear in there I've also had part of the rail break, where the PCU handle is and grabs onto the rail under the fuser to slide into the machine. If this is the case, a new PCU unit is your only recourse, as the gears do not mesh anymore. hope this helps! GL!

mrvibe
06-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Tonerbomber had the right answer for you dude!

Custom Search