PDA

View Full Version : km 1820 print all black copies

Custom Search

ljavier
07-29-2009, 02:11 AM
i own a kyocera km 1820 copier which have a total count of 120,000+ copied pages and have been experiencing this problem for a few months now there are times that copies would come out all black for about ten or 15 copies and after i have cleaned the unit/drum/assembly it again function properly but after a week or a few days it will again comeback the company have changed all the boards and have cleaned the machine thoroughly but to no avail the problem still come back.

help pls!!

aodtech
07-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Has the process unit been changed? I would assume so, if not then it would have been vacuumed out or else you'll get a C-7990 code. Main charger may be the culprit. Did you pay the company to replace all the boards? You could have gotten a new machine for that price.

ljavier
07-29-2009, 08:40 AM
they replaced the boards free of charge the unit is covered with a lifetime service warranty they can't figure out the problem though. they want me to purchase a new process unit since they can not isolate the problem I supposed. the machine have only a total of 120,000+ printed pages is it really time to buy a new process unit.

kyoceradude
07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
The process unit only has a life expectancy of 100,000, so if your at 120,000 then it will need to be replaced. You may be able to get away with a main charger, but the drum may be damaged or worn out which will cause your problem also. Bite the bullett and replace the process unit.

aodtech
07-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Or pony up a little more money and buy an FS-1028/1128. Those actually have a Maintenance Kit (Drum, DV, Fuser) and it's a lot cheaper than a Process Unit for the 1820.

TA_Tech
07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Like mentioned before the problem could be the process unit / charger, as the life of it is 100000 copies, but I've had some of those go up to almost 185000 with no problems but waste toner full.

The other thing that you could look at is the flat ribbon cable running from the lamp assembly to the scanner pcb on the right-hand side of the machine. Keep in mind that this may only be the case if you experience the black copies only when copying from the document feeder. If you've had your problem while doing copies from the glass it may not be this. On the other hand its much cheaper than a new process unit, so its worth a try

Custom Search