PDA

View Full Version : C6500 extract MIB info via SNMP

Custom Search

StormyKnight
07-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Good Morning/Afternoon all,

We are rolling out some new software that accesses each MFP via SNMP to return meter Reading, PM counts & the like.

We have tested it on several machines of various brands & it is working fine, but I can't get it to work with a C6500.

Now the C6500 has a Creo attached, but we also network the actual copier because at present we send it an email & it responds with the meter counts using the inbuilt function of the copier. From the creo we can access via the network the web utilities of the copier so we know we have a network connection at least.

We load the software on the creo, set it to look at the copiers IP, but it doesn't find the MIB info for the engine. The suggestion is that SNMP is disabled on the copier, but I have not found any setting to enable/disable it unlike most other machines....
A search thru the various manuals has also turned up blank.

Anyone found out how to access the MIB info of this engine?

Thanks

random
07-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Have you tried looking at the mib on the creo? On the smaller products the MIB goes via the controller.

StormyKnight
07-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Yes thanks random, it looks like this is the way you can do it if you have a Fiery controller, but I'm still looking for the solution with a Creo....I have my tech support people on it at the moment :)

Custom Search