PDA

View Full Version : MX2300N -Administrator Mode??

Custom Search

sandmanmac
07-30-2009, 11:09 PM
This machine is very new to me. I was called to service this for an existing customer, that has other equipment of mine, but has acquired this one elsewhere. I managed to get the parts and repair the fuser, and the machine works great; However, they want some of the default copy settings changed, and to set it up for printing, and possibly scanning. There seems to be an administrator password set preventing me from checking/ changing any of the settings. I've been trying to get my hands on a service manual without any luck so far. Can anyone tell me what the default password is (if any), and/or how to reset the password if it has been changed?
Thanks in advance.

OMD-227
07-30-2009, 11:40 PM
If the client has changed the admin password, reset it back to 'admin' by running sim 24-30.

sandmanmac
07-31-2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks a bunch Wazza!

Sherlock
08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
This machine is very new to me. I was called to service this for an existing customer, that has other equipment of mine, but has acquired this one elsewhere. I managed to get the parts and repair the fuser, and the machine works great; However, they want some of the default copy settings changed, and to set it up for printing, and possibly scanning. There seems to be an administrator password set preventing me from checking/ changing any of the settings. I've been trying to get my hands on a service manual without any luck so far. Can anyone tell me what the default password is (if any), and/or how to reset the password if it has been changed?
Thanks in advance.
Select aministration and simply type in admin, then go ok, then ok again. This is the setting they come with from Sharp.

Ricefoxnz
08-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Setting up scanning on MX's is very easy, there are 3 ways of scanning. With sharpdesk (not very reliable I have found) Network folder scanning (this is the way I prefer to do it if the client does not have their own exchange server) and scan to email (I mainly set this up for automated emails for copy counts etc)

Sharpdesk just install the software that comes with the CD, this lets you have OCR as well which is quite handy for some people. When rebooting do not install the indexing services it slows down machines a lot!

Network scanning can be setup through the web interface and by going to address book and clicking on add then selecting network folder (off the top off my head)

Scan to email you have to add all the required details for SMTP etc, and weather it needs authentication etc etc, then just add addresses under address book.

Hope this helps.

Printer-Dave
08-02-2017, 11:28 PM
Select aministration and simply type in admin, then go ok, then ok again. This is the setting they come with from Sharp.

Awsome! admin was the password for the admin mode. On older Sharps I was able to use 00000 or 88888 -- but not here.

Custom Search