PDA

View Full Version : C6500 vs C6501

Custom Search

pakalo
07-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi dear guys,
excuse me for ma bad English but here in Italy our schools are very bad.

I have in field here in Italy around 30 C6500 since 2 or 3 years with some little problems of copy/print quality, ok, we know.
But now, after C6501's launching (we have here in field 18 units, all machine uptated to Firmware Ver.: 50), problems are very increased, what appened ?
In Copy &/or Print, printing with Creo IC-304 (Ver.: 2.0 all patches) &/or IC-408 (Ver.: 2.0 all patches) on any colours, but particularly on Yellow all machine in field have many problems: Banding, Black Pollution on Backgroung (Solution from Japan: change in Tech.Rep.Mode setting from DOT to LINE !!!?!?!?!?!?!).
Naturally, we have changed: Corona, Starter, Drum, Laser, Transer Belt many times, maked on machine all Settings &/or Registrations from Service Manual, Registered manually on HV Board the yellow trimmer, ALSO ON 0 Copies Machine but no results.
Mechanical problems also, Print &/or Copy aou of registry in Front-Back random, also after registry setting & Allignment trays.

Please, have anyone some suggest for me ??

Thanks & best regards.

___________________________________________ Pakalo ______

StormyKnight
08-03-2009, 05:09 AM
Hi Pakalo, I don't have any C6501's but in a situation like this I like to get the same test page & print them out on both machines as a comparision. Sometimes different users have different originals & the problems only show up on one of them.

This may eliminate if it is the setup of the Creos as well....or something else with the colorflow.

If you haven't already done so, you can then forward these two samples to Konica & ask them why are these different.

On the C6500, I have noticed a particular yellow pantone color that has a lot of black through it. This is normal apparently....

All the best :)

pakalo
08-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi StormyKnight,
we can exclude printer controller,
this problems is on machine.
If you print Test pattern in Dot 50%-50%-50% in Machine Techical menu,
you can see on the grey backgroung some yellow bandes.
We can partially correct this problem with some regulations & settings,
but not solve it, it's impossible.
This problem is more marked on C6501.
From K-M head quartier, I repeat, CHANGE SETTING from Dot1 to Line1.
Yes, it's seems a good idea, but ask you to an Expert Graphic user what he thinks about.
Ciao & best regards.

M.C.GAMMA
08-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi there,

I think what konica guys are saying with the Dot1 / Line1 is to make sure you are using the latest "hybrid" screenig. There have been several changes to the laser units since the initial release of thers machines. Firstly check which version lasers (write units) you have. They should have a "red dot" (sticker) on them. These are the highest spec (except for C6501) . Next set soft switch 2-5 to 0 to enable the new screen (this will convert Line1 to the newer "modified" Dot screen. Also set switch 3-0 to 0 (sets DOT1 back to good old DOT1). To use the new screen preform the Auto gamma and Gamma sensor adj and gamma sensor offset for at least Line1 and Dot1. To print with the new screen , select Line1 from the Creo or Fiery print drivers (remember to tell your customer this is still a dot screen) also make sure they calabrate with Line1.

We have manny machines running awesome with this set up. A well setup and maintaned C6500/C6501 will out preform the DC700 etc in back to back tests.

jma676
08-05-2009, 03:22 AM
q is true you have all these machines. send an email with the images of these problems jma676@gmail.com.

M.C.GAMMA
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Just a quick note :- dip SW 2-5 needs to be 1 not 0 as i stated above - opps ! :P

As for yellow banding - the only time i have had a problem with this was
1:- old laser units in high humitity enviroment (fixed with newer type units)

2:- Worn drum units (over life)

3:- Dot1 screen with SW 3-0 set to 1 ( you said the problem is worse on C6501 which has this defaulted to 1 as opposed to C6500 which is 0)

** i Don't know what KM Japan was trying to do with this SW setting because in all our testing the "newer" DOT1 screen (SW 3-0-1) looks very bandy partically in yellow ***

All our customers bar maybe a few coprorates use Line1 screen - definetly the best

Good luck !!

jma676
08-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Ja Ok. This Sw (dip SW 2-5) is present in the FW Ver-27?. I Need this DLBT.

Custom Search