PDA

View Full Version : c350 can not connect to network problem

Custom Search

brent
08-03-2009, 11:42 PM
so this machine has been in a customers office for like 6 years. and then last week they had a power outage and when the power came back on. the copier would work great. but the network could not find the copier. there fore no printing and no scanning. I also n oticed that if the ethernet plug was in or out the little light behind it would not illuminate. so what popped? I am not that familiar with these machines to know if there is a factory nic card. or worse. the a board. please help if you can?

brent

Jules Winfield
08-04-2009, 12:43 AM
You'll need to find out if this machine is using the standard print controller or if it has a Fiery controller installed. Hint: if there is a separate ON/OFF switch near where the network cable plugs in you probably have a Fiery. If you indeed have a Fiery you can either replace the Fiery board or try reinstalling the system software (basically, the operating system for the Fiery). If you opt to remove the Fiery and use the standard controller, then you have to go into service mode and set the machine to use the standard controller.

TheOwl
08-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Unfortunately, the NIC is on the MFP board (presuming that you aren't using the IC-401 Fiery controller).

You could try a firmware upgrade to see if that kicks the NIC back into life, but I would say that your MFP board is faulty.

brent
08-04-2009, 12:52 AM
yes I am using the standard controller. after they had a power problem. kaboom. it was working so good until that point. I had better look up the part number and see how much this is going to cost them. I have a bad feeling it is expensive..

thanks

brent

minimerlin
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds like their insurance should pay out for the parts!

Custom Search