PDA

View Full Version : c6501 grey background when printing

Custom Search

martix
08-04-2009, 02:40 PM
C6501 with a IC-408 Fiery
Intermittent grey bakground on any job coming from the Fiery (print job, Configuration page, or reprint)
- am able to reset the problem by rebooting the Fiery or by cycling power on the copier
- I have already reloaded the system software on the Fiery

Meach
08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I have a buddy that has seen this. See his reply below:

I have seen this 4 times so far – and it is not always gray background. I have seen yellow and magenta too.

It is power related.

I had one location where we replaced the machine 3 times – same problem on 3 different 6501s and new external fierys too.

There was a difference between the 2 legs of the 220V. The spec is 220V plus or minus 10%. So, 208 on the low end and 242 on the high. They had 208 on one side and intermittently 187 on the other side.

Occasional floating ground can do the same.

I hope this helps.

VIJN
08-07-2009, 03:30 AM
there is a solution for this in short remove and reverse cable between feiry and machine making sure connection is good. if that does not work the other is image processing board needs r144 removed or the controller i/f board needs r7401 removed if these have been done you will need to replace the cable first then the boards one at a time. ps check the lvds chips on both boards should end in 484avjdx if ending in 484vjdx this will cause issue.

Custom Search