PDA

View Full Version : di850 HELP!

Custom Search

xpress
08-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Cannot get my 850 to not have backround.

All settings are reset - no odd settings
New drum and dev (until it gets light)
New blade
Cleaned that soft roller under blade many times - dumped unit
Cleared toner hopper and dump path

The drum never looks like it has spotting on it or anything, I cant seem to find where it is coming from. All my parts are clean and undamaged, and I can't stop the machine in cycle and find the part, it looks good?

Nothing on solutions

Any ideaS?

minimerlin
08-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Are you using genuine toner? Have you done the full set up for new drum / dev? Have you got a good drum earth, new charge grid/corona?

xpress
08-05-2009, 06:16 PM
New drum, starter, process adjustments. Counters list the 1st row as all under 14k prints

they get light with no background, but the problem is when I add toner they become dark, but with tones of background everywhere. Goes away as copy's fade

minimerlin
08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Can you upload the adjustment printout sheet...I have not had this problem, maybe a bias or charge?

datapresstecnica
08-05-2009, 11:35 PM
We've seen these a few times with defective drum potential sensors. Does Auto drum potential adjustment finish with no error? Also could be that drum potential control (SW Switch 06-7 in 2-5 mode) is disabled (Switch should be in 0 when it's active).
A bad corona could cause something like that too.

xpress
08-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks by the way, Never knew about the list, they look normal or around it, but thanks for looking!

You can probably see the background on the paper :(

And thanks datapresstecnica, SW is off (0) and the Auto drum potential adjustment finishes quickly and quietly, except for a quick motor noise.

EDIT: Yes Minolta toner also

minimerlin
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Looking at the printout I cannot see anything wrong with the settings...but the background seems to be darker at the top of the print, is that the case on all copy/prints? If so I would renew the grid and charge wires, and also make sure that the charge corona unit is correctly latched onto it`s lugs....I have had uneven backgrounding if the unit is not the same distance from the drum over the complete length.

datapresstecnica
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't know how accurate this might be, but one of our techs says there's a bearing in the magnet roller of the dev. unit that may cause poor bias.

xpress
08-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Well il rip it apart and look at at, at this point im desperate. I took out the whole thing and checked all the grounds, ones on the flywheel, all sorts of things.

~new corona unit

Its almost gone,but I can still see some darker spots. It should have 0 background, so I can't put it out in the field yet, damn POS wasting my shop space

manuelcorrea
08-07-2009, 08:58 PM
We had a Di 850 with a similar problem. Tried changing developer first with no luck.We put in a new developer unit and that took care of the problem.Hope that helps!!

Rolandito
08-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Hello , everyone i solved my background problem, changing the drum bearing, the problem is that the drum is not grounding well. or put a little metal grounding the bearing.

Custom Search