PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked fuser roller?

Custom Search

kanini
08-05-2009, 10:06 AM
On a CF8050/CF5001 the upper fuser roller "delaminated", just like somebody had wrapped a plastic bag around it, you could see wrinkles on some areas around the roller and when you touched it it was like loose "skin" on the roller. I thought it's time to replace the roller but can the roller be replaced separately and not the whole unit?

I peeled off the "skin" because the roller was crap anyway but the result wasn't good (as expected). What caused this to happen? Just age or anything else? Never seen this on a fuser roller before...

Kmdurrin
08-05-2009, 05:56 PM
PM kit D56AEPM100 has both fuser rollers included.

Si@danwood
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
The rollers are available as individual parts but also come in the 100k pm kit(may be cheaper to purchase the pm kit rather than both rollers)pm me if you require part numbers..Si

minimerlin
08-05-2009, 08:26 PM
In the early days of this machine I had this fault a few times...I think the rollers were modified on later units.

kanini
08-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Hi! Thank you all for the fast replies, yes, I'll think the 100 k. PM kit might be an idea then, depending a bit on the price. I just was very surprised to see this happening... =)

OMD-227
08-06-2009, 06:18 AM
From my experience, this tends to happen to alot of fuser rollers when the energy pre-heat & sleep mode timers are disabled and the machine is never turned off, eg machine hot all 24hrs a day.
When pre-heat and sleep mode timers are activated and actually get used, the fuser rollers will not do this, infact they usually last alot longer than specified.

Custom Search