PDA

View Full Version : Bizbub 1050e & Postscript Commands

Custom Search

IDSTechnical
08-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experience in using postscript commands with the bizhub pro 1050e?

If so I am looking to output from tray 3 on the machine.

Thanks in advance
James

blackcat4866
08-07-2009, 02:13 AM
This is purely morbid curiosity. How do you plan to prepend your Postscript header to the print job on the bizhub?

Here is the problem I discovered when attempting to prepend PostScript commands on Kyocera:
Most Kyocera machines will allow printing to a virtual port, which is set up to accept prepend and post print job commands. To get to the PostScript portion of the commands though, on Kyocera machines all print jobs start with a few PreScribe commands, followed by some Printer Job Language commands, then finally PostScript commands. The virtual port will accept up to 255 characters in the prepend and 255 characters in the post print job commands. So far, great! Except that you cannot have any returns!

Once you've started paring down the header to the bare bones, you still have a dozen to two dozen lines, and PJL and PostScript commands just don't work without the returns. And if there are any PostScript commands in the print job itself they will over-ride similar commands in the header. =^..^=

IDSTechnical
08-07-2009, 07:58 AM
The system forms part of a larger solution. IPDS data is sent to Solimar iConvert we apply various postscript transformations at runtime to manipulate the datastream. Its at this time I would like apply the tray select.

iConvert allows for adding postscript calls for various things tray calls being one. I initially tried /MediaPosition 2 but to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

IDSTechnical
08-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Tried and tried I have to get the postscript to work with this configuration but to no avail.

So I started to look at other formats and decided to give pdf a shot. This solved my issue.

iConvert now converts the IPDS to PDF then using Pagescope Direct Print to use a hot folder I can send the data to the correct tray without the engine going bonkers. As there are no tray calls in PDF this works great.

One thing to note that complicated the issue we use a custom paper size and had to set DipSw 17 Bit 7 to off or the job was rotated incorrectly.

But with this all is fine now. :)

blackcat4866
08-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Congratulations! =^..^=

brian155
08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
The equivalent tray mapping values would be:

TRAY1=0
TRAY2=1
TRAY3=2
TRAY4=3
TRAY5=4

The PS code is:
<< /MediaPosition 0 /TraySwitch false >> setpagedevice
This example sets the source to TRAY 1, and will not allow the copier to automatically change the paper source.
hope this helps
brian

Custom Search