PDA

View Full Version : Samsung clx-3160

Custom Search

Polo-022
08-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I have a message : ' Developer home sensor error".
I replaced Drum Unit as it was the only choice from spares i had, but no effect. Machine is cycling and clicking all the time untill this message appears. I removed the right hand cover and i see the shaft turning...Does anybody knows what is the cause of this?? (No to mention that i am a technician)

JustManuals
08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
08-07-2009, 08:43 PM
There are two possibilities. The main drive assembly or the PBA main controller.

I've had three of these to fix. The first two were fixed with the main drive assembly. Do not disassemble the developer shift mechanism. It will work worse than when you started. The third one got the main drive assembly, and the PBA main controller when the first didn't fix it.

Polo-022
08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks a lot for your reply "blackcat 4866", it was very helpfull for me!
It was the mai drive unit indeed...
Because i could not observe any mechanical problem i tried to clean the dev. home position sensor and that was the issue, a thin layer of dust on it.
Thanks again and keep up the really help you are giving us.."blackcat4866"!!:)

Tommyc
02-13-2012, 05:20 PM
HI,

I've a CLX-3160 with a low heat error. Checked and replaced thermfuse as was faulty...
Error has reapperaed and thermofuse is blown again.
Any ideas what may cause this?

Thanks,

Tom

blackcat4866
02-13-2012, 11:33 PM
The thermistor may be bad, or not touching the heat roller. Remember that the thermal fuse is protection only. If it blew, it was for a reason.

There are two common occurrences with Samsung fusers.
1) Warped plastic fuser frame.
2) Defective power supply.

=^..^=

Tommyc
03-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks Blackcat,

Guess I'll quote repair for fuser and power supply...

Custom Search