PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500(b&W)

Custom Search

poz31
08-10-2009, 02:04 AM
I have a Bizhub 500(b&W) and its throwing a code c2403. All I know it is related with the toner hopper but do not know exactly what the code is for… Anyone have experience this code. Usually I do Minoltas but on this one I do not have the service manual. Could anyone help me out with the manual??
thanxx

fixthecopier
08-10-2009, 02:15 AM
The bizhub 420/500 have an issue with the sensors that detect bottle and rotation. They get dirty with toner and throw up false codes. If when the code comes up, you open the toner door, the bottle is out of position, you most likely have a dirty sensor. The only proper way to clean them is to go through the back, removing the "A" board, the flywheel one of the motors and then removing the hopper. The sensors are still up in the machine. Open the toner door and blow air straight through, and then use some canned air and blow off or change the sensors. I have had some that I went into 3 times and cleaned before I could stop the codes.

mtech
08-10-2009, 02:29 AM
I have also seen improper insertion of the toner bottle break those sensors. They really are not fun to replace! It used to happen all the time on the smaller models. Minolta even made a change to the holder for one of the sensors and added a tab to the front to try and keep the toner from not being jammed in any which way.

pepper38_cnd
08-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Once you have done this once. Leave the back screws out, the metal plate has tabs that fit into the rearer frame those screws are over kill anyway. If you do this the next time the sensor needs cleaning, you will not have to remove the back, just remove the 4 front facing screws from the metal plate and you have easy access, total time to clean sensor the second time about 20 minutes. In fact I recommend anytime you have the back fully disassemble for any reason you remove those screws to make future servicing of the toner bottle sensor easier.

mtech
08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
That is a really good idea!

JustManuals
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

08-10-2009, 05:03 PM
The bizhub 420/500 have an issue with the sensors that detect bottle and rotation. They get dirty with toner and throw up false codes. If when the code comes up, you open the toner door, the bottle is out of position, you most likely have a dirty sensor. The only proper way to clean them is to go through the back, removing the "A" board, the flywheel one of the motors and then removing the hopper. The sensors are still up in the machine. Open the toner door and blow air straight through, and then use some canned air and blow off or change the sensors. I have had some that I went into 3 times and cleaned before I could stop the codes.

The holder for the bottle rotation sensor could also be a old style holder which allows the sensor to come out of position easily. There is a modified holder, the part # is 50GA33161E and a seal to hold sensor clip in place 4470-4024-81. Also make sure bottle is turning correctly and smoothly with these load tests. To make the bottle turn clockwise (don't do this too long as it will overtone machine!) enter dsw 56 bit 1, for the bottle to turn counter-clockwise enter dsw 56 bit 2. Good luck!

Kmdurrin
08-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Check the SSD on this model. There are a few mods available to help correct this problem.

vedder
10-13-2009, 03:27 PM
hi guys, reading this thread with great intrest, im having this problem on a 420, stripped it all down, cleaned, cleaned, then cleaned the sensor again, but same fault, the bottle rotates fine, but stops in wrong position, I have read through all these threads and have placed the parts on order which will hopefully fix the issue, just wondering if anyone has any tips on fitting the parts, the holder, sensor and seal, looks as though it could be tricky, got the toner section out fine, just from there.

Thanks in advance.

poz31
10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Just a tip
Ok what I ended up replacing was the sensor which controls toner rotation.
The sensor itself was glued to the support but the sensor was not glued properly…..the sensor was in an angle thus causing bad reads replaced & problem is gone……
:rolleyes:

vedder
10-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi guys, i fit a new sensor and brcket and it worked fine, bit of a pain to fit, they don`t make these things easy do they?? anyway, appreciate the assistance.

cheers.

tecaldryn
08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
hello.
colleagues, I have a 2403 error on a bizhub 500. I've made several attempts to solve, I changed the toner bottle sensor, main board, the wiring is responding in the test. I noticed that when I turn on the machine with the toner cartridge out, it does not generate error 2403, you can make copies, but then it generates the error again. if I turn on the machine with the cartridge in place, it already comes with the error.
Would anyone can help me?
I'm out of the service manual.

aldryn@siscopy-am.com.br

now, thanks ....

brent
08-05-2011, 11:53 PM
someone ought to make this a sticky on this thread. it seems like this same question is asked and answered all the time. I personally hate the 420 the 421 is better. just a thought..

brent

Itsthepaper
08-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Good stuff guys, just couple other things to look for. Take a good look at your toner bottle and make sure it doesn't have any burs on the ends, when customer tries to jam the bottle in the machine they could sometimes ruin the bottle. I've had it that after cleaning and testing loads I'll see the toner bottle hesitate while in rotation and the bottle was the problem, I've also seen those bottles with a severe warp; roll it on a table like a pool stick.

I've had good luck going in with the long thin vacuum adapter from the front door and sucking up all the spilled toner really getting in good at the cup and surrounding area. It takes 5 minutes and if it doesn't work, then rip the machine apart.

JustManuals
08-06-2011, 07:01 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

tecaldryn
08-06-2011, 03:57 PM
dear friends, thank you for answers.
actually this code is widely spoken here, but I think that is not giving an opportunity to solve it.
went to other places, ask technical and other assistance nemhuma happiness. I am thinking of changing the power supply, I noticed that the engine did not have a pulse machine to spin and connect with older, if I boot up and take the garaf, it works briefly, otherwise it already comes with code

Good stuff guys, just couple other things to look for. Take a good look at your toner bottle and make sure it doesn't have any burs on the ends, when customer tries to jam the bottle in the machine they could sometimes ruin the bottle. I've had it that after cleaning and testing loads I'll see the toner bottle hesitate while in rotation and the bottle was the problem, I've also seen those bottles with a severe warp; roll it on a table like a pool stick.

I've had good luck going in with the long thin vacuum adapter from the front door and sucking up all the spilled toner really getting in good at the cup and surrounding area. It takes 5 minutes and if it doesn't work, then rip the machine apart.

pepper38_cnd
08-06-2011, 04:20 PM
There has been lots of opportunity to solve this. Install the new style upper Hopper ( it has a seal on the lower half to keep toner from leaking), New style bottle collar ( with the notch and the white mark ),the new style sensor holder, leave the rear screws out of the plate so any future service can be done from the front, install new sensor, clean completely and instruct your customers to not pull toner in and out and always line up the white line up before inserting new toner bottle. Problem solved !!!

I doubt the power supply has anything to do with it.

Custom Search