PDA

View Full Version : KM C6501 help

Custom Search

Mark Gogos
08-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi.
We just had our new C6501 installed in our print shop. I have a few questions that I cannot get answers for from the locals or the manuals. Maybe someone here can help:

1. How do I set up a remote print facility so that our other print shop across town can print from their office to our Hold Queue on the C6501? We are both on ADSL. It says it can be done in the brochures but nobody knows how to set it up.

2. On our old CF3102 we had a "Image Adjust" facility where you could enter the actual size of the image to be copied and select a paper size. The machine would then automatically enlarge the original to the copy paper size, withouth the operator having to guess what magnification to use to get the copy to fit the page. I cannot find this function on the C6501 and cannot find anything in the manual.

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Thank you

Mark
South Africa

Specilist KVN
08-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi.
We just had our new C6501 installed in our print shop. I have a few questions that I cannot get answers for from the locals or the manuals. Maybe someone here can help:

1. How do I set up a remote print facility so that our other print shop across town can print from their office to our Hold Queue on the C6501? We are both on ADSL. It says it can be done in the brochures but nobody knows how to set it up.

2. On our old CF3102 we had a "Image Adjust" facility where you could enter the actual size of the image to be copied and select a paper size. The machine would then automatically enlarge the original to the copy paper size, withouth the operator having to guess what magnification to use to get the copy to fit the page. I cannot find this function on the C6501 and cannot find anything in the manual.

Thank you

Mark
South Africa

1. This is achieved with the Fiery by opening a port and allowing users to upload PDFs through the Web Browser or by activating the "print via email" option. You will find what you need by looking into the EFI/Fiery and not the 6501. It's functions are controlled by the RIP.

2. in the Copy window you can specify the original size and then by selecting the paper tray it will auto zoom to fit. They have seperated the zooming functions to their own little area in the panel.

mecanico
08-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi.

Thank you

Mark
South Africa

I got connected two Fiery (with Océ machines) adding server each other through CommandWorkStation. You may keep on mind that the two Fierys must to be visibles in the network.
Then right-click on the file that you want to print and select Send to other server, I think remembering.

Sorry the grammar.:o

Mark Gogos
08-19-2009, 01:33 PM
1. This is achieved with the Fiery by opening a port and allowing users to upload PDFs through the Web Browser or by activating the "print via email" option. You will find what you need by looking into the EFI/Fiery and not the 6501. It's functions are controlled by the RIP.

2. in the Copy window you can specify the original size and then by selecting the paper tray it will auto zoom to fit. They have seperated the zooming functions to their own little area in the panel.
Thanks for the help.

Now for my next question: How EXACTLY do I set up the Print via E-mail function?

Custom Search