PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta 421 c3801

Custom Search

brent
08-12-2009, 04:27 PM
had a quick question for ya'll. I have a machine a ways away with a c3801. the book says it is a low fuser temp. customer says they reset it every day. which is wierd. usually fuser codes stop the machine. do I have athermistor going out? any help would be appreciated. thanks

brent

jrf
08-12-2009, 10:39 PM
We have changed a thermistor to clear this code on a 421 but the machine will need a trouble reset, could somebody have instructed your customer how to do this ?

brent
08-13-2009, 01:39 AM
I don't know for sure. my customer told me that they just either turned the machine off and on. or front door? I know it sounds stupid. but they figured it out. it is a ways out. but I will head out and replace or clean thermistors. the darn thing is only 4 months old

brent

copytechman
08-13-2009, 02:29 AM
That doesn't make sense for a fuser code, those can't be reset by a simple on/off or open close front cover, especially front cover! (there aren't any interlocks on it!) Your sure its a 3801 code? (sounds stupid to ask but hey!)

Regards!
A.

brent
08-14-2009, 12:45 AM
That doesn't make sense for a fuser code, those can't be reset by a simple on/off or open close front cover, especially front cover! (there aren't any interlocks on it!) Your sure its a 3801 code? (sounds stupid to ask but hey!)

Regards!
A.
since I am not there. I am going to ask for sure. that is a good comment. I know how customers get numbers messed up for sure. I sure would hate to go out there on monday and be way prepared for the wrong code. thanks for the advice....

brent

Bullet71
08-14-2009, 07:46 AM
I have had a few machines only a few months old doing the same and the only solution was to change the Thermister kit 50ga-5440. That solved our problems.

ni311
08-14-2009, 11:41 AM
To reset the error codes for this series, you have to shut down the machine from the main power (the switch behind the front door), start the machine with the 'Utility/Counter' pressed, keep the button down until 'trouble reset' button shows on the touch screen, press on it (you should get a small 'ok' beneath the button), turn off and then on.

Custom Search