PDA

View Full Version : InDesign transparency issue

Custom Search

Kenny
08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I am trying to print an InDesign (CS3) document to a Konica Minolta C451 with an IC-409 Fiery Rip. However the transparent areas around some of my images are causing a change in colour instead of just not printing and allowing the background colour to surround the images. Anyone have any idea what i could try to sort this??

gig0
08-13-2009, 05:16 PM
When printing, are you using an output profile? Are all the links and swatches CMYK or a combination of RGB & CMYK? Have you tried exporting as a PDF using the press profile and setting the compatibility to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4) so the file flattens?

KenB
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi,

Did you try checking "Combine Separations" and / or "Composite Overprint" in the Fiery driver?

I don't remember which one corrected the issue, but I just had this happen a few months ago.

random
08-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Print as separations from indesign and then chose "combine separations" in the image menu. Or if your not to fussed on color turn spot color matching off in colorwise.

Specilist KVN
08-14-2009, 06:09 PM
I am trying to print an InDesign (CS3) document to a Konica Minolta C451 with an IC-409 Fiery Rip. However the transparent areas around some of my images are causing a change in colour instead of just not printing and allowing the background colour to surround the images. Anyone have any idea what i could try to sort this??
:eek:This is a VERY common ADOBE related issue.:eek:

In a nutshell InDesign is converting the affected area to process instead of a spot colour.
If you go to the Adobe sight they have many documents on the proper use of transparancies.
It can be eliminated with proper settings in both the software and the RIP.
Google it and you will find a return. As mentioned Adobe actually has technical documents on this very topics. They are Adobe White papers.
:cool:
It is about letting your RIP handle the colour, the level you set your flattening and the simulate overprint settings. It has been around every since they introduced the transparancy option.

doomblack
08-14-2009, 09:20 PM
change the trasparencies to tints, unless you want them to be translucent, also make sure youre not using pantone colors, convert them to CMYK.

Custom Search