PDA

View Full Version : cf3102 / c350 Toner Refill

Custom Search

xpress
08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
So our c250 is asking for toner every few months, WE saved all the old ones. I felt when I went to throw em out, they were still very full. So the c250 has a life of toner, whatever, 15k, so after that It will ask for more toner even thou it is full!!

So. Chip re setter or refill other things? Is there a way to make it just run it?

A chip resetter for the c350 (and hopefully a 250) would be nice, or a place to buy reset chips cheep, or send em in to reset em (anyone wanna make some $?)

WE get non-oem's and they have spots to refill em, anywhere that sells toner is bulk? not pre hoppered?

Thanks

xpress
08-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Bump?!

ck1
08-15-2009, 03:01 AM
I use the compatible toner from china ,very nice to use .the C250 you need buy the chip toner to clear when machine lock ( if the machine show please change toner soon , you can refill the toner and use ,the machine will never lock up only always show the sign ) for C350,450 you can save more because no chip control ,just refill and use . sorry for my english poor :cool:

backspace
08-15-2009, 07:28 AM
if you change under service mode that toner change service not user machine will work but message on display "change toner soon" will be there.

xpress
08-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Where u buy it at, websight?
Id love that!

xpress
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Generic Refills Anyone?

perdana
08-31-2009, 04:50 AM
I use the compatible toner from china ,very nice to use .the C250 you need buy the chip toner to clear when machine lock ( if the machine show please change toner soon , you can refill the toner and use ,the machine will never lock up only always show the sign ) for C350,450 you can save more because no chip control ,just refill and use . sorry for my english poor :cool:

Where you got the toner ?. Can you give me thr addres or the Web site.

Thanks

pepper38_cnd
08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Listen to backspace!

The chip on the toner cartridge generates the "Change Toner Soon" message based on some sort of count, I believe it is the number of times the toner motor has been engaged. Anyway that doesn't matter ignore the "Change Toner Soon" message. The Replace Toner indicator comes on when the TCR cannot be completed within a certain amount of time indicating no more toner is being dispensed from the cartridge and the machine stops. This is when you should change the toner cartridge.

I can sell you a chip reseter but for toner it would be a waste of time, if you want generic toner cartridges buy them they come with a chip already, refilling your own is probably not profitable, unless you do not value your time.

serginho_vl
10-31-2009, 08:44 PM
I've used Katun toner for the CF2002/3102, C350/C450 and worked pretty well - a bit of deposits on the fuser fingers but I clean them. As for the C250 I only used it once - and then changed back to OEM :) - the images were much darker, the text much blurrier and I think it messed up the developer as well... The C250 Katun cartridges come chipped.
As for the C250 cartridges thrown away still full - you shouldn't change the cartridge until the machine stops printing and asks for another cartridge - do not change them when the "x color toner needs to be replaced soon" message appears. The C350 cartridges do not have a chip, also the OEM ones have a transparent window through which you can see the toner - the Katun cartridges are entirely transparent so you can see exactly how much toner is left.

Custom Search