PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7035

Custom Search

gerakk
08-17-2009, 02:29 AM
I am an owner of a Konica 7035. I am also new to this website.

Could anyone please help me with some items that i needed to be clarified on:

1. What is the problem of a 7035 if it feeds paper from both trays from time to time? eg. default tray is tray1(8.5x11) & tray2(F4 or A4R), when i print or photocopy something like 20-100 pages/copies, tray2 feeds paper to the machine making the machine hold and have paper jam errors.

2. How many copies can a refurbished Konica 7035 make per month at a maximum? or how many copies per day?

3. Is it normal that the developer has a yield of 200000 copies and yet I only made less than 45000 copies and the copy/printing quality of my machine is 25% good looking. 75% not good.

I really hope that anyone could help me about this problem. thanks and more power to copytechnet.

pepper38_cnd
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
If I had to guess. I would say your machine was recently moved. While being moved it was tilted to the back ( possibly on a fridge cart? ) While tilted to the back Developer spilled from the dev unit and polluted the feed solenoids, hence the solenoids stick and you get paper feeding from both trays at the same time. Also now you have an insufficient supply of developer and poor copy quality. If your machine has not been moved then one of the seals on the developer mixing augers is worn out and allowing developer to pour out the back causing the same issue.

To verify remove the back cover, a pile of developer will be easy to see in the feed area around the tray lift motor. Have a qualified tech resolve this issue, and you will be fine.

gerakk
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. The machine was not moved. It worked on the same installation area. It was never tilted in any manner. I have recently checked the developer augers and they are working fine. motors are clean and no spilled developer on the backside. Can you help me rule out if it is a motherboard problem on the loading of both papers from both tray.. running from 5 -100 copies. the difference between the paper from tray1 and tray 2 when jammed is around 2 inches from the first paper upper tip, you will find the second tip of the overlapping paper from tray 2. that is what i used to see when i open the side cover.

mrwho
08-18-2009, 12:13 PM
The best way to rule out if it is a motherboard problem is to check first for a mechanical problem, which is the most likely. As Pepper said, check out the feed solenoids and the remainder mechanical area for the paper feed tray, since those machines are prone to have problems in that area.

pepper38_cnd
08-18-2009, 12:47 PM
I have never seen the Motherboard cause this type of problem, the driver board ( I believe Konica refers to it as the Mechanical board, can cause this but it will be every feed if it is this board). The feed system is very simple 1 clutch supplies drive, 1 solenoid and sector gear for each feed. When ever I have have seen paper intermittently feed from both trays together it has been binding in the solenoid or sector gear. Unfortunately to properly service this area requires some disassembly only recommended be done by qualified Technician. If you are not familiar with connector CN46 on the motherboard don't even think about touching it.

gerakk
08-18-2009, 02:05 PM
thanks for the info. i guess i need to find a very good technician for this problem. as of now. i can't use my machine. it is showing error codes.. F 54-1, F 54-2, F 26-2&3, F 51-2. could anyone here give me a list of error codes and there respective problems? thanks for the quick replies guys. is the konica 7035 a bad machine? is this machine suitable for a copy center with at least 1500 copy volume per day? how much is the average daily copy volume for the Konica 7035?

mrwho
08-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't remember the 7035 recommended volumes, but it seems to me that 1500 copies per day everyday could be a tad too much.

The 7035 is an OK machine, its only weak point IMHO is the feed system - not bad altogether, only weakish. But it is adequate for an office environment or a low-volume copy shop.

But I could be wrong - ask for other opinions! :)

gerakk
08-19-2009, 05:01 AM
thanks mrwho. anybody else have some points about the daily volume of copies that a konica 7035 make? i need opinions and a lot of it would be deeply appreciated. and could anybody please help me or send me F codes for my machine so that I would understand what is wrong with my machine.. thank you very much..

JustManuals
08-19-2009, 06:37 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mrwho
08-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Send me your email.

gerakk
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
email address PM'ed sir.

gerakk
08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
@mrwho: gejopan626@gmail.com is my email add

mrwho
08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Sent you an email with the download location 10h ago. Resent it again just now.

Check your spam folder, could be there.

gerakk
08-21-2009, 12:59 AM
@mrwho
got the files sir. thanks a lot. i'll have it looked by a friend technician. thanks a lot!! I'll post updates later.

mrwho
08-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Just a suggestion: Without offense to you or your friend, make sure he's a qualified tech and not some sort of jack-of-all-trades. More than once have I seen people increase their machine's repair expenses tenfold just because they wouldn't call a technician in the first place.
Make no mistake, the fact that I just handed you the manual doesn't mean you can't screw things even more.
Take care!

gerakk
08-21-2009, 02:16 PM
thanks for the reminder mrwho. My friend works for a company here in my place. Authorized dealer of the brand. He also told me that my unit is a bit old. Anyways, he will come over on the 15th of September. Right now the status of my machine is at F26-2 when i turn it on. when he first checked it he said that my developer needs to be changed. my machine went from f 51-4, f51-2, f26-3 and now f26-2. Any advice for a heads up?

mrwho
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
If you're able to print an internal list (counter list, for example), how does it come out? It comes out fine? With background? Worse than that?

gerakk
08-22-2009, 09:00 AM
sir, the last time he my friend worked on it, it printed the counterlist. it had backgrounds and some faded areas. he told me that f26-2 or 3 would come back. he said he needed to clean the developing unit and i might be needing a new pack of developer. it printed 10 pages or so after the 3 counterlist then now it is in f26-2 again.. I'm not a tech with copiers so i did not touch it.

mrwho
08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Yes, that's the most probable cause.

DESCRIPTION: Background, overtoning, and F26-x codes.

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Overtoned developer. Install fresh developer (PCUA 950252) and run the L-detect adjustment.
To run the L-detect adjustment, perform the following:
a. Enter the 36 mode (power the copier ON while pressing the 3 and 6 keys).
b. Press [1. HV adjustment].
c. Press [Next] several times until the display reads [HV adj (L detection adj)].
d. Press [Start].
e. When the adjustment is complete, the machine will stop and a value is displayed in [RESULT].
f. If the developer was sampled properly during the L-detect adjustment, the value displayed in [RESULT] will be in the 60-75 range.
g. If the L-detect adjustment [RESULT] value is outside of the 60-75 range, than the TDS (toner density sensor) should be checked.

2. Failed TDS (toner density sensor). To check the TDS, perform the following:
a. Remove the IP unit (if an IP unit is installed).
b. Remove the rear and left rear side cover.
c. Remove the board cover/D (p/n 26NA73280) for access to the PRDB.
d. Enter the 36 mode (turn the machine ON, while pressing the 3 and 6 keys).
e. Select [1. HV adjustment].
f. Press [NEXT] several times until the display reads [HV adj. (Toner auto supply)].
g. Locate TP14 (TDS AN) in the middle of the PRDB above CN 25.
h. Using a voltmeter (20V DC range), place the red meter lead on TP14 and the black meter lead to frame ground.
i. Press the START button on the control panel.
j. The analog voltage reading on the volt meter during sampling should be (with properly toned developer) between 1.2 and 2.0VDC. If the voltage reaches 2.0VDC, M4 (toner addition motor) will turn on and add toner. When the toner auto supply adjustment is finished the voltage should read approximately 1.8VDC.
k. If the voltage reading is not within this range, replace the developer (PCUA 950252), TDS (p/n 26NA88040) and run the l-detect adjustment while monitoring TP14 on the PRDB.

3. Failed write unit (the TCSB monitors dot pattern patches created on the drum and adjusts the laser output for Maximum Power Control). If developer has been replaced, L-detect run, the TDS voltage checks, and the developer is still overtoning (M4 continuously adds toner), replace the write unit (p/n 26NA-6503).
Note: Check all machine filters to verify they are not clogged. It has been reported that clogged cooling fan filters can cause the adhesive on the write unit glass cleaner to melt, causing smears on the glass. Clean and repair as needed.

gerakk
08-22-2009, 02:49 PM
thanks for the fast response sir. got ur instructions. I will have this message printed and have it read by my friend so that he will have a heads up of what to do and me also having an idea on what and which part of my machine he is gonna need to work on. thanks you very much. If I was i technician of copiers this one is already a great help.i really appreciate you giving time reading and answering my questions. availability of parts is one problem that I am seeing right now.

mrwho
08-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Good luck with that! Let us know how it turns out in the end.

Cheers!

gerakk
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
goodpm mrwho. I tested step 1 without buying the developer becasue there is no stock available in my location right now. (was it okay that I did process 1?) this am to check the HV

"PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Overtoned developer. Install fresh developer (PCUA 950252) and run the L-detect adjustment.
To run the L-detect adjustment, perform the following:
a. Enter the 36 mode (power the copier ON while pressing the 3 and 6 keys).
b. Press [1. HV adjustment].
c. Press [Next] several times until the display reads [HV adj (L detection adj)].
d. Press [Start].
e. When the adjustment is complete, the machine will stop and a value is displayed in [RESULT].
f. If the developer was sampled properly during the L-detect adjustment, the value displayed in [RESULT] will be in the 60-75 range.
g. If the L-detect adjustment [RESULT] value is outside of the 60-75 range, than the TDS (toner density sensor) should be checked."

there were two boxes result was 006 and on the otherbox is 076. what do these numbers mean?

My machine right now has no "F error codes" it can copy but the quality is very poor. I'm still waiting for the developer to arrive.

mrwho
08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
goodpm mrwho. I tested step 1 without buying the developer becasue there is no stock available in my location right now.

there were two boxes result was 006 and on the otherbox is 076. what do these numbers mean?

My machine right now has no "F error codes" it can copy but the quality is very poor. I'm still waiting for the developer to arrive.

That probably means that your new developer is probably the cure for your problems. Doing the L detection with used developer rarely yields good results.

gerakk
08-25-2009, 02:39 AM
i guess I'll have to wait for my developer to arrive. regarding the developers/toners sir, is it safe to use compatible delvelopers alike and same with the toners?

mrwho
08-25-2009, 07:20 AM
i guess I'll have to wait for my developer to arrive. regarding the developers/toners sir, is it safe to use compatible delvelopers alike and same with the toners?

I can't answer that since I never used compatible developers and toners for this model. Maybe someone else can help you there.

smiley
08-25-2009, 07:57 AM
hi this machine is sensitve when it comes to compatible dev and toner.you can use other konica dev like 7060 just make sure you put same quantity.this machine is little bit sensitve.gears and bushing are weak try to upgrade to 7145.it can do 3k copies a day.ihave one 7145 wook average 10k a day work good just came a little problem sometimes but not so bad.gud luck.:)

gerakk
08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
need help with regards to the developer for my konica 7035.. Is the original konica developer for 7145 machine compatible to my 7035 machine?

smiley
09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
yes thy had same amount in developer.

gerakk
09-04-2009, 02:52 PM
how about the toner for 7145, is it compatible with the 7035?

Custom Search