PDA

View Full Version : Biz501

Custom Search

Downunder
08-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi, have two Biz501, have updated the firmware from version 13 to version 20. I now have a two machines where the password will no longer work, ie, 12345678. Which means I cant turn on account track and no longer able to get into pagescope etc. Have tried many things to rectfy. New boards. Copying flash info from other 501 onto computer and then re-flashing clients flash cards. At one stage one of the flash cards became corrupted, left a folder on with a "square" which I cant delete so card is no longer useable. These cards cannot be reformatted unless you have special program, (Vbox???) unlike the biz250/350 so I am also looking for a way to re-formate.

I have had a Biz421 where the hour-glass stays on the screen, and in one instance have reflashed that card which fixed the fault. I have similar challenges with the Biz600/750 cards needing to be reflashed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pepper38_cnd
08-17-2009, 05:49 PM
There is an issue with 20 there was some recovery were you remove the flash card and write the firmware directly to the card. If you cannot find it on the website you can remove the card from a working machine copy the files and paste them to the card of the machine in question.

Downunder
08-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes, this is exactly what I did as mentioned in my initial post. The problem is still no access to admin as password is unavailable. Have tried 1234,etc and 8 0's plus heap of other passwords nippon, jappo, etc stuffed, ......

pakalo
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi dear guys,
I'm sorry for you all, but the solution to this problem of password is not the firmware & / or compact flash.
I have the same problem here in Italy.
You can still program the Compact Flash Card machine using the program
"DiskTool.exe" (Only in German).
This tool allows you to create a compact flash card from a functional image of firmarware file.
I have this Tool.
I could send this file via email to those who ask me for,
but firmware image files are too
but the image files firmware ver.: 2.0 of 361, 421 & 501 are too large to send them.
however the password problem is not resolved the same.
and if you try to reset & / or change the administrator password by Tech. Rep. Mode, the machine stops and you are forced to turn it off and on again.

tech51
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Dont know if Im reading you correctly Downunder but if you re-wrote the cards with a copy of a machine with V20 firmware you will still have the problem. My instructions are to re-write the CF card from a known good machine which is running V13. Here`s the instructions I have, hope it helps!

[Subject]How to recover the machine after mistakenly firmware downgrade from
version 20 to 13
[Description]
Although it has been announced and should be well known, that a firmware downgrade from
version 20 to version 13 can not be done on the subjected machine, sometime it's done anyhow. In
such case, it is not possible to enter the Admin password - machines indicates the message
"Wrong password" on LCD. Moreover it is not possible to enter Service mode in order to reset the
password. The machine is out of function. In this condition it is not possible to recover the machine
by writing firmware (neither 13 nor 20) via USB. Exchange of NVRAM is without success, too.
[Solution]
Repair procedure:
1. Remove the CF Card from the problem machine
2. Erasure the files from the CF Card (Note: Do NOT format the card)
3. Write version 13 firmware to the CF card, copied from the card of a working machine
4. Install the CF card back to the problem machine and switch machine ON.
- It will be possible to enter Admin mode and Service mode now
5. Install firmware version 20 to machine via USB
After this procedure, the machine should work again. Please make sure to correct machine serial
number because it is from the machine where the CF card data are copied from.
Unfortunately the mistakenly firmware downgrade does generate a second problem: The machine
is not able to store the IP address. After switching OFF/ON the IP address values is 0.0.0.0.,
although Subnet mask and Gateway are correctly stored.
Perform following procedure now:
1. In Admin mode -> Network setting set Network setting to OFF
2. Switch machine OFF/ON
3. In Service mode -> System 1 -> Initialization do initialize of Network setting data

copiers4africa
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM
pls send me the the disk tool software Anwarh@kmsa.com

pepper38_cnd
12-29-2010, 12:09 PM
There is no "Disk Tool" for this particular purpose. If you are asking for this because you made the mistake of formatting the card then you may be SOL. The Firmware imaging tool kit has a button marked "format with VXworks" but it has never worked. If you google format CF card with VXworks you will find several methods of accomplishing this, the most popular is inserting the card into a digital camera that uses the VXworks format. Have the camera format the card and then put the card in a card reader , delete any folders and drop the firmware files back on the card. I have never personally tried this.

Custom Search