PDA

View Full Version : Copystar CS 3050 Paper lift doesn't work help

Custom Search

Executechs1315
08-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Tray #1 won't work / I reversed the lift motors and the white switch in the rear from Tray # 2 to Tray # 1 still won't work. 11" x 81/2 Tray is ok...works in tray 2. Anyone had this problem please help.

Craigdumass
08-20-2009, 05:46 PM
First of all did you try the 906 reset on the machine, next since you have done the liftmoters have you tried replacing the recepticles on the back of the machine where the cassette plugs into and there is also another on the back of the cassette itself. Sometimes these get paper in the connectors allowing the cassette not to make good contact.

Executechs1315
08-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Did not try the 906 reset, The upper imput to tray #1 does not have a good snap like the lower imput. Don't think it;s on the tray because it works in the lower tray imput.

Rear black connector looks good but did not remove and check yet....is the contact for the trays on the nachine front left Thanks in advance.

PS People are ruff in this place.

blackcat4866
08-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Me? I'm leaning toward that U906 reset also.

What usually happens in this situation is that a user does not set the paper endstop at the correct length and loads the paper all the way to the right. The paper misses the paper empty switch, and the lift motor just keeps lifting until it times out (and errors out). After that event your tray will be unavailable until the reset is done. I try to educate the customers, but sometimes, in some situations, its futile. =^..^=

Executechs1315
08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Blackcat... that's exactly what has been going on with them. They load the tray on one side and use the other for storage. The paper size detector or back-stop is usally not vertical and the paper is very tight in the tray. Thanks...I didn't know the 906 code would correct this as you and the previous gentleman wrote. Thanks again for the replies to all:)

Custom Search