PDA

View Full Version : c451 setup

Custom Search

art neumann
08-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Our office has a c451 and prior to changing our email service the unit was set up to scan to email. Is there a simple list of the settings that the machine should be set at in order for this to work. The dealer we use doesn't have a qualified person available for this and it is now getting frustrating as we used it often. i have changed settings that I thought I was suposed to but now all we get is a server error.

Kmdurrin
08-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I would contact a dealer with a qualified network tech.

bsm2
08-21-2009, 12:39 AM
new smtp server
new email address
new password

try with Authentication on and off

admin email address

08-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Our office has a c451 and prior to changing our email service the unit was set up to scan to email. Is there a simple list of the settings that the machine should be set at in order for this to work. The dealer we use doesn't have a qualified person available for this and it is now getting frustrating as we used it often. i have changed settings that I thought I was suposed to but now all we get is a server error.

When you go into your email settings and enter your SMTP server is it by host name or IP address? When you're in NETWORK settings forward screen to DETAIL and you have a PING CONFIRMATION tool. Enter host name of your SMTP server and ping it. If your DNS is running okay the host name should be ok to enter, if you get back a ping failed try entering IP Address and test pinging it.

Custom Search