PDA

View Full Version : C350 - Error C0016

Custom Search

pritchardllc
08-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I have a problem with the black image unit for a c350. The time came to change the unit, but the new one generates a C0016 error on warm up and I am not sure what that means.

ni311
08-21-2009, 02:55 PM
C0016 - Black PC Motor failure to turn.
Pull out the black unit, agitate it and try to rotate by hand the drum and the developing gears.

pritchardllc
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
That did the trick, thanks! This is my 1st Konica so still learning the ins and outs compared to others.

Jeff
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I am also having issues with C0016. Replaced black IU and got C0016 code. Put old IU back in - still have the code. I hold the UTILITY button at power-up, but I do not get the "clearing trouble codes message" - just C0016 again. I cleared the TROUBLE counter list (from 1 to 0) and I see no additional errors on the counter. But it will not clear!

Rotated the drum, gear. Both seem OK. What now?

Copytechnet always saves me! Need your help again!

Jeff

JustManuals
11-02-2012, 06:56 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Jeff
11-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I solved the problem. Perhaps an illustration of my stupidity will help someone else. I could not reset the error code, but I was getting no additional errors either (the count stayed zero after resetting the trouble counter).

I was resetting the codes by holding down the utility key at power-up. After carefully reading the service manual, I noticed that some codes are reset using a door open/close while the machine is ON. That's what was missing. I opened and closed the toner/IU access door and PRESTO, everything worked.

A C350 is an odd machine. I own mine, and it's been great. You can probably tell this is the only machine I service.... You just gotta learn the quirks.

Jeff

Custom Search